Notifications
Clear all

Punch Incision + Dermabraison

MemberMember
(@malia02)

Posted : 05/24/2016 7:30 am

Hey, I'm from Europe and I am suffering from severe acne scarring (boxscar, rolling scars, ice picks). Sorry, my English is not so good. I had 2 fully ablative laser treatments about nine years ago and one CO2 fully ablative laser treatment and one round of subcision (without suction) in January. There is a little improvement, some holes aren't as deep as they used to be and my wrinkles have gone, but my skin continues looking very bad. Now I discoverd a method which is called "relevement cutane" in French. The treatment consists of 3 steps: 1. punch incision of the scars 2. cutting up 3. dermabraison. It takes about 2-3 months. I sent emails to several French people who had this treatment. They all say that this treatment is not a miracle, but it's worth because there is a result you can see. Tomorrow I'll have an appointement in Paris with Dr. Arouete. Has anybody experience with that treatment? I am wondering if it's better to try dermstamp and another round of subcision with suction before because I'm worrying that it is'nt possible to dermastamp and do subcision with suction or TCA after having done punch incision

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 05/24/2016 8:17 am

Be careful. Punch excision is very risky and can easily make thing worse.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/349396-punch-excision/?page=1

MemberMember
(@malia02)

Posted : 05/24/2016 8:49 am

It's not punch excision but incision. There are two risks in my opinion:
1. The method doesn't respond very well so the scars are only shallower but still visible (but this is the risk of ALL scars treatments)
2. The method leaves you cercles which don't disappear after the cutting up/one dermabraison (but they should leave after two)
That method is also used for chickenpox scars which are easier to treat.

MemberMember
(@anthonykaka)

Posted : 05/25/2016 10:39 am

i had punch excision 3 months ago , i have boxcars and icepick , i see ice pick a lot of improvrment i depth, but in the boxcars , i think not too much improvement , they are sunken , maybe a little bit less , also they are still very red scars .
malia02 , i see you say , i think that is a vintage method but it seems effective , i wish to the best and report us your news , i am from spain .