Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Yesterday I did an at home 25% Mandelic Acid Peel from makeupartistchoice.com. I did it to treat hyperpigmentation, red marks from shaving, breakouts on the sides of my face and some ingrown hairs. Today, my forehead is covered in small red marks. It looked much better before the peel even happened. The sides of my face have very minor peeling but are mostly covered in red blotches. 
I discontinued using tretinoin roughly 36 hours before the peel, did not leave the acid on for more than 3 minutes or so, and washed it off thoroughly. I am wondering if this is a normal reaction and will go away in the next few days or if I did more damage. This was supposed to be a mild peel. I've attached pictures.
my aunt, who has had peels done before, said it looks like a normal day after result, but a second opinion would be much appreciated

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Posted

bump. Started to peel but still a little paranoid

Posted

it looks fine to me. its good that its peeling now. were you expecting something much different  to happen? i wonder that because you said "It looked much better before the peel even happened" like you were expecting good looking skin right afterwards. i wouldnt worry about it, dont mess with it and let it do its thing. should be fine.