Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Isurance coverage?

MemberMember
(@staygolden1)

Posted : 05/22/2016 3:34 pm

Hello everyone,

I have battled with acne since i was 14 and i am now 21.I have tried every prescription out there and have changed my diet completely. I am currently using Braggs ACV which has helped. Iwant to desperately go on accutane but I don't know if my insurance will cover it. I have Cigna HSA. Does anyone else have Cigna or know if it will cover or lower the cost? What insurance do you have and did it cover the cost? I am out of hope! Acne is a terrible disease and I wish it were free for those who need it!

MemberMember
(@geeking)

Posted : 05/22/2016 5:19 pm

call the # on the back of your card and see if they can tell you

MemberMember
(@staygolden1)

Posted : 05/23/2016 10:46 am

17 hours ago, Geeking said:

call the # on the back of your card and see if they can tell you

I did and I was redirected to the Pharmacy department and I spoke to some lady who had know idea what drug I was talking about. In the end she said she could not find anything under Isotretinoin. I even provided the different brand names

MemberMember
(@valerie1987)

Posted : 05/24/2016 5:58 pm

I have magna care and my insurance covered it. I was completely shocked, because my insurance didn't cover anything else my doctor prescribed me. I was really worried too, I called my insurance, they told me to call my Union, for some reason, I guess because my plan is from my Union. Then they told me I wouldnt know until I picked up the prescription