Notifications
Clear all

Starting to break out since it's summer

MemberMember
(@endorsedtent)

Posted : 05/21/2016 2:33 pm

I am 16 and I never had full-face acne. I had acne sometimes in my chin or my forehead but never on my nose or my cheek.

However, now, since it's summer and getting hot every day, I wake up with more red spots than the day before. I don't know whats causing it. I am not stressed, I go running everyday for 2 hours for exercise and I also drink a lot of water. I eat a lot of broccoli, cucumber. I don't drink coffee or anything. I try to avoid sugar.

Do you also break out in the summer? What may be causing this? I am not even stressed but this is starting to stress me out now. Any tips? Please help guys.

MemberMember
(@endorsedtent)

Posted : 05/21/2016 7:27 pm

Anyone??

MemberMember
(@laurenactivity)

Posted : 05/21/2016 7:43 pm

Maybe it's hormonal? x

MemberMember
(@justalittlelonger)

Posted : 05/21/2016 7:45 pm

Humidity in the summer can get me breaking out a bit. Skin gets stressed if it gets overheated at least for me it does. Try to keep your skin cool especially after your run and see of that helps.

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/22/2016 12:48 am

10 hours ago, EndorsedTent said:

I am 16 and I never had full-face acne. I had acne sometimes in my chin or my forehead but never on my nose or my cheek.

However, now, since it's summer and getting hot every day, I wake up with more red spots than the day before. I don't know whats causing it. I am not stressed, I go running everyday for 2 hours for exercise and I also drink a lot of water. I eat a lot of broccoli, cucumber. I don't drink coffee or anything. I try to avoid sugar.

Do you also break out in the summer? What may be causing this? I am not even stressed but this is starting to stress me out now. Any tips? Please help guys.

Maybe you are using a sunscreen that cloggs the pores. Heat = sweat, will clogg the pores through the day.

Or your skin is just stressed because it needs to adapt to new temperatures.

MemberMember
(@endorsedtent)

Posted : 05/23/2016 11:27 am

On May 22, 2016 at 1:48 AM, Alex9945 said:
Maybe you are using a sunscreen that cloggs the pores. Heat = sweat, will clogg the pores through the day.

The thing is, I don't even go outside often. When I do, I go after sunset for running so I don't use any sunscreen.

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/23/2016 11:42 am

13 minutes ago, EndorsedTent said:
On 22/5/2016 at 7:48 AM, Alex9945 said:

The thing is, I don't even go outside often. When I do, I go after sunset for running so I don't use any sunscreen.

Well i'm not sure then, the skin will still react on the weather is getting warmer.

So I will suggest you buy a good cleanser to start with and then use Benozyl Peroxide at night together with a moisturizer to keep your skin in control. An AHA creme will benefit your skin too.

MemberMember
(@endorsedtent)

Posted : 05/24/2016 6:28 am

18 hours ago, Alex9945 said:
Well i'm not sure then, the skin will still react on the weather is getting warmer.

So I will suggest you buy a good cleanser to start with and then use Benozyl Peroxide at night together with a moisturizer to keep your skin in control. An AHA creme will benefit your skin too.

Whats a good cleanser you recommend?

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/24/2016 6:45 pm

12 hours ago, EndorsedTent said:

Whats a good cleanser you recommend?

I like Exuviance Gentle Cleanser :) it is rated high by experts at Paulas Choice too, if you know that site.

MemberMember
(@elee92)

Posted : 05/28/2016 1:15 am

My cousin gets a bad breakout whenever her face overheats (summers, close to fireplaces, etc.) so I'd think the summer heat has a role. You're also sweating due to the heat and the humidity is making it stay on your skin and clogging things up.

- To cool your face: face mist
- To "unclog"/clean: carry around cotton pads soak in moisturizing toner + moisturizer + sunscreen. If you have a chance to wash - use a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil cleanser instead of the cotton pads.
- Have a little piece of cloth you can use to wipe away the sweat and/or oil
Kleenex tissue or oil blotting papers to absorb excess oil.

Maybe do a clay or charcoal based mask to clear out pores if you feel the need to do so.

MemberMember
(@endorsedtent)

Posted : 06/03/2016 6:12 pm

My acne is now going away. I strongly think that my skin needed some time to get used to the summer temperature. A few days ago, it was a little cooler and my acne started coming back. But that only lasted a day as it got normal and warm outside so my acne cleared.

Thanks to all those who helped.