Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EndorsedTent

Starting to break out since it's summer

I am 16 and I never had full-face acne. I had acne sometimes in my chin or my forehead but never on my nose or my cheek.

However, now, since it's summer and getting hot every day, I wake up with more red spots than the day before. I don't know whats causing it. I am not stressed, I go running everyday for 2 hours for exercise and I also drink a lot of water. I eat a lot of broccoli, cucumber. I don't drink coffee or anything. I try to avoid sugar.

Do you also break out in the summer? What may be causing this? I am not even stressed but this is starting to stress me out now. Any tips? Please help guys.

Humidity in the summer can get me breaking out a bit. Skin gets stressed if it gets overheated at least for me it does. Try to keep your skin cool especially after your run and see of that helps.

10 hours ago, EndorsedTent said:

I am 16 and I never had full-face acne. I had acne sometimes in my chin or my forehead but never on my nose or my cheek.

However, now, since it's summer and getting hot every day, I wake up with more red spots than the day before. I don't know whats causing it. I am not stressed, I go running everyday for 2 hours for exercise and I also drink a lot of water. I eat a lot of broccoli, cucumber. I don't drink coffee or anything. I try to avoid sugar.

Do you also break out in the summer? What may be causing this? I am not even stressed but this is starting to stress me out now. Any tips? Please help guys.

Maybe you are using a sunscreen that cloggs the pores. Heat = sweat, will clogg the pores through the day.

Or your skin is just stressed because it needs to adapt to new temperatures. 

In the summer it is impossible to always be cool and stay moderate temperature-wise. I also break out more in the summer due to the build of oil and dirt. What I usually do is buy some oil blotting sheet and blot it when it feels dry. If  I have a flexible schedule I will wash my face and remoisturise with lotion with spf 15. Both would help with the growth of more pimples. I usually carry around my product in the small container from the samples I get from LUSH.  

If you wear foundation or any makeup that will clog your pore, it will be beneficial to keep it light you can ultimately reduce the chance of breaking as much as possible.

Tell me if it helped!

On May 22, 2016 at 1:48 AM, Alex9945 said:
Maybe you are using a sunscreen that cloggs the pores. Heat = sweat, will clogg the pores through the day.

The thing is, I don't even go outside often. When I do, I go after sunset for running so I don't use any sunscreen.

13 minutes ago, EndorsedTent said:
On 22/5/2016 at 7:48 AM, Alex9945 said:

The thing is, I don't even go outside often. When I do, I go after sunset for running so I don't use any sunscreen.
Well i'm not sure then, the skin will still react on the weather is getting warmer.

So I will suggest you buy a good cleanser to start with and then use Benozyl Peroxide at night together with a moisturizer to keep your skin in control. An AHA creme will benefit your skin too.

18 hours ago, Alex9945 said:
Well i'm not sure then, the skin will still react on the weather is getting warmer.

So I will suggest you buy a good cleanser to start with and then use Benozyl Peroxide at night together with a moisturizer to keep your skin in control. An AHA creme will benefit your skin too.

Whats a good cleanser you recommend?

12 hours ago, EndorsedTent said:

Whats a good cleanser you recommend?
I like Exuviance Gentle Cleanser :) it is rated high by experts at Paulas Choice too, if you know that site.

My cousin gets a bad breakout whenever her face overheats (summers, close to fireplaces, etc.) so I'd think the summer heat has a role. You're also sweating due to the heat and the humidity is making it stay on your skin and clogging things up. 

- To cool your face: face mist 
- To "unclog"/clean: carry around cotton pads soak in moisturizing toner + moisturizer + sunscreen. If you have a chance to wash - use a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil cleanser instead of the cotton pads. 
- Have a little piece of cloth you can use to wipe away the sweat and/or oil
Kleenex tissue or oil blotting papers to absorb excess oil.

Maybe do a clay or charcoal based mask to clear out pores if you feel the need to do so.

My acne is now going away. I strongly think that my skin needed some time to get used to the summer temperature. A few days ago, it was a little cooler and my acne started coming back. But that only lasted a day as it got normal and warm outside so my acne cleared.

Thanks to all those who helped.