Notifications
Clear all

Cystic Acne, under the skin spot which just won't go away!

MemberMember
(@laurenactivity)

Posted : 05/21/2016 11:13 am

I've never had perfect skin, I get the occasional bout of cystic acne along with relatively normal white heads and black heads. But last week a cystic spot came up on my fore head, I've leant with my cystic acne the best solution is just to leave it alone, no touching or prodding and just carry on with my usual skin routine and within a couple of days the redness and swelling will have drastically decreased and my make up will pretty much cover up all trace of it. But this one on my fore head is different it was super painful when it first started developing as they usually are, so I took some ibuprofen and within a couple of days it was no longer painful, but it is still the same sized lump, no matter how much I ice it, or use hot compresses it refuses to shrink. It's no longer red, just a dark bruised colour. So my question is, will it go away on its own or do I need to take serious action on it? It's all I can see when I look in the mirror and how ever much my friends assure me no ones going to notice it I feel so self conscious. I've had it for over a week and a half with no change, so any suggestions on whats cause it or how I can get rid of it would be much appreciated! I'm turning 21 next week and the last thing I want is to be feeling self conscious on my birthday! Thank you in advance for any advice x

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 05/23/2016 2:39 am

Do you have a picture? Don't try to pop it, trust me on that lol. If it's HUGE you can try to get a derm appointment for a cortisone shot. The only spot treatment that has worked on me is the blemish touch stick by Desert Essence. You can get it on Amazon and it's cheap! Btw, happy early birthday. If it's not gone by then, have a few drinks and you won't even be worrying about it anymore ;)

MemberMember
(@laurenactivity)

Posted : 05/23/2016 8:41 am

Aw thank you so much, that's really kind of you! I decided to invest in the mario badescu buffering lotion, which has worked suprisingly well, I was a bit dubious when I first bought it as I read it only tends to work if you catch them early before they develop, but it's definitely decreased the size of it some what. Unfortunately it's very much still there, I'm just so worried it's not going to go away on its own.Does anyone know how much cortisone shots cost? X

MemberMember
(@laurenactivity)

Posted : 05/30/2016 12:54 pm

Okay so for anyone who's interested, I started using hydrocortisone cream 1% on my spot a few days ago and finally now after nearly 3 weeks it's nearly gone! Yay! I know it says not to use hydrocortisone on your face as it causing thinning of the skin, but using it on a small area for a short amount of time is fine! So I hope this helps anyone suffering with the same cystic type acne as me x