Notifications
Clear all

Extreme low self esteem because of my neverennding acne

MemberMember
(@pumpkinpies)

Posted : 05/21/2016 10:42 am

I've had acne non stop for 9 years. I don't remember going by a week without having blemishe son my face. I wear makeup and I pick my skin. I am trying to stop both, I really really. It's really hard because that's how I deal with my anxiety is to cover it up when I'm outside and angrily pick at it when I'm alone. I can't do anything ever without worrying about how my skin looks. I don't want to worry about it but I can't help it. If you can look at my acne and scars and help me with improving them, I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/21/2016 10:51 am

8 minutes ago, pumpkinpies said:

I've had acne non stop for 9 years. I don't remember going by a week without having blemishe son my face. I wear makeup and I pick my skin. I am trying to stop both, I really really. It's really hard because that's how I deal with my anxiety is to cover it up when I'm outside and angrily pick at it when I'm alone. I can't do anything ever without worrying about how my skin looks. I don't want to worry about it but I can't help it. If you can look at my acne and scars and help me with improving them, I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Weekly treatments with lactic acid 40% - you can buy it on eBay.

After your skin is getting used to peelings you can do TCA 15% peelings monthly.

MemberMember
(@ugurl)

Posted : 05/28/2016 3:32 pm

I would seriously recommend that you see a dermatologist. They will most likely prescribe tretinoin to you which is a holy grail product. If your doctor suspects hormones or bacterial infections at play here he might also prescribe you doxy and spiro. Considering how long you've had your acne, he might even recommend you try out accutane. And he will tell you to stop picking at your skin! I bet it's difficult to stop but please find more effective ways to manage your anxiety because picking ensures that your skin is caught in a spiral of breakouts that just don't heal like they should. Think of your face as a no trespassing area. Don't even touch it unless it is to apply medication or wash it. My acne cleared out in about 3 months on doxy/spiro/tretinoin. You WILL defeat your acne. One thing that can help out with your anxiety is reaching out to a professional. It will help you to feel a lot more in control of your health, and you won't feel like it's all on you. Let's be honest, acne feels really overwhelming at times and it always helps to have an educated opinion in how to manage it.

In the meantime, please check out this link, there are also many other good resources online:
[edited link out]

fade95 liked
MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 05/28/2016 4:17 pm

I feel you. What is your current method of treatment/regimen?

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 05/28/2016 8:51 pm

You need tretinoin cream or accutane prescribed by a derm. Good lord I cant believe people are suggesting you do peels to stop active acne like that.

MemberMember
(@mmmon)

Posted : 07/03/2016 7:13 pm

On May 28, 2016 at 5:17 PM, bellacat said:

I feel you. What is your current method of treatment/regimen?

Yes, what are you doing now OP?

MemberMember
(@pumpkinpies)

Posted : 08/24/2016 10:19 pm

I started accutane and I am on day 7. I just started a newtopic to keep track of my progress:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/362527-accutane-progress-pics-severe-cystic/

MemberMember
(@acnesufferer353)

Posted : 08/25/2016 1:43 am

Well seeing as only a few people interested and you might be thinking im still experimenting something and i am well aware that you dont want to risk your skin.

Anyway, I sincerely hope my idea can help you. So there it goes have you seen anyone use hot water compressed 60-70 degree celcius in cotton cloth and hold onto scars area 1-2minutes? But before this you will need to get the supplement "solgar dry vitamin A tablet form" which contain retinyl palmitate 5000IU and L-ascorbic acid 10mg and crush one tablet into powdery form. After that wet the scars area with some water and your fingers as well because you will be using your finger to dap on the powder so it will stick to your fingers and start to apply it on the scars areas massaging for 30sec - 1minutes. After that use the cotton cloth/pad /wrapped into ball to absorb the hot water(60-70 degree) and hold onto your scars areas for 1-2minutes. If you find it too hot you can try press release press release until you doesnt feel much of the heat and hold it for 1-2minutes. You can repeat the procedure 2-3times per day but not too frequent like 2-3times/week so that let the scars have enough time to heal. I think basically this idea is to speed up the scars healing process to maximum. (It definitely speed up the healing in my case). The last part and most important is youMUSTwash it off with AHA cleanser or gentle mild cleanser or any type coz it seems to clogged a bit pores. You can also consume the supplement too if you want. I used nixodem once in a while to clear up the clogged pores. It is totally up to you when you want to do this treatment during weekend or before sleep so that the next morning the redness side effect has already subsided.

The after effect you get is some temporary redness after some time it will subside maybe like 1-2hours. You can apply makeup if you cannot wait. This might best suit for those with fresh scars, im not sure about old scars and deep indented. You might wanna give it a try if you like it :-), I think this works on hyperpigmentation/post inflammation too to shorten healing time by a lot. Yeah..

WARNINGThe scars areas will be a bit sensitive so if you are not wearing make up you can apply some sun screen when going outdoors.
There will be a slight dizziness so it might not suitable for weak heart/low blood pressure/low blood sugar.

Well thats pretty much it. I hope it helps 🙂 Feel free to ask me anything