Notifications
Clear all

Extreme overnight dandruff

MemberMember
(@peterpizza)

Posted : 05/17/2016 2:35 pm

So to begin with im 14 regular hair. Previosly bleached, dyed, relaxed, keratin treated, and sometimes blow dryed and straightened. Well i do hurt my hair alot but i do lots of good to it aswell. After i had my keratin treatment with 3 weeks i mixed coconut oil, hair oil and castor oil and applyed them wrapped my hair and left them for 4 hrs. When i removed them and washed my hair i had the WORST dandruff you will ever witness. My scalp was litteraly peeling like a sunburn. HUGE flakes falling everywhere and it was just endless. No itch, no burn, no redness and i had dont this treatment before aswell. A couple of washes later that night i knew somwthing was serious so i told my father (emergency doctor) who told me to take locoid drops for 7 days. The dandruff decreased big time but then came the pimples and the itch and again the dandruff but this timw with a great amont of hairfall so i went to a dermatologist and she gave me similiar drops and nizoral shampoo and she said i should use both for atleast a month and a half and she said she think i have sebaherroic dermatitis. I never had dandruff before in my life and this was my first time. What do i do ?!

MemberMember
(@ugurl)

Posted : 06/13/2016 6:05 pm

Follow your doctor's recommendation and prescribed medication exactly as it is prescribed. The dandruff should go away as your scalp heals and try to avoid at home remedies until that time. Call up the derm and ask what kind of shampoo he/she recommends. This should be all over in a month or so :)