Still Frustrated, S...

Notifications
Clear all

Still Frustrated, Scratching Scars

MemberMember
(@luiz-gabriel-gonzales)

Posted : 05/16/2016 10:25 am

Good day everyone! I will just get to the point here. The regimen has been working wonders for me and I am clear of acne for 2-3 weeks now. Any new acne can be prevented so quickly and I am so happy about that. My BIG problem is: SCRATCHING SCARS... The BP is too irritating for me when I go to sleep. I put socks on my hands to avoid deep scratching while sleeping but it still leaves scars.. I AM SO HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS OF THE REGIMEN but now I have another mess on my face... They are black scars that occur from deep scratching. It looks like Hyperpigmentation.. I stopped putting BP during the night and use only the cleanser and moisturizer (I use alot of moisturizer) but I still do scratch. I don't know what to do. I feel frustrated because I was almost so clear before but this happened. Do any of you guys experience this too? If so, How can I stop scratching during sleep :( Please help, thank you! 

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/16/2016 10:31 am

Although I don't have scars from scratching I did have so much red marks from what the acne left behind. If you are a month into the Regimen it might be a good time to incorporate AHA into your routine. I used AHA religiously when I was clear to help with the marks. Although it does take time, with patience you will see results.

I used it as a spot treatment BEFORE I applied my BP in the AM and PM. Slowly I also mixed it in with my moisturizer (1/2 AHA and 1/2 moisturizer) at night. Then gradually used a full face of AHA in place of my moisturizer twice a week.

MemberMember
(@luiz-gabriel-gonzales)

Posted : 05/16/2016 10:35 am

Hey Nic, thanks for the reply. I am 5 months into the Regimen and I do use AHA sometimes. But it stings alot! Did AHA help you with your redmarks? Ive never tried putting AHA on my scratch marks.. Im afraid it will just irritate it more which will make me scratch more :( 

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/16/2016 4:43 pm

When you say scratch marks do you mean marks that you have scratched and have healed? Or just red marks left behind by acne?

Anyway,I use AHA in two way for active acne and red marks.

1. Spot Treatment - I do this twice a day BEFORE I applied the BP.

2. Moisturizer - Every night I use 1/2 moisturizer and 1/2 AHA...combine the two and apply over my face. And then twice a week I skip the moisturizer and just use a full dosage of AHA.

AHA stings for some people, but I never got that reaction. I think I am just used to it. Try incorporating it slowly with the moisturizer, that should help.

MemberMember
(@luiz-gabriel-gonzales)

Posted : 05/17/2016 8:03 am

They are marks that are left after deep scratching due to irritation.. This all happens while I am asleep so I dont know how to control it.. Sometimes I would just wake up from too much irritation in my face and my face would be SOOOO red and irritated and after a while these red marks would turn to dark ones and remain as scars. and it would remain there for a long time.. It looks like the scar left behind by acne but it is caused by scratching only..  

What moisturizer do you use? DK's Moisturizer evaporates quickly for me and it leaves my face dry after 5 hours of applying it.. while Cetaphil is better at keepin my face moisturize throughout the the day, it does however make my face really RED! That is why I am so confused as to which Moisturizer I should use :(