Notifications
Clear all

Acne Marks HELP!

MemberMember
(@jackiwoj)

Posted : 05/16/2016 8:24 am

Hi,

I have been using the acne.org regimen for a couple months and it has definitely improved my acne, however, I am noticing that marks from old acne and showing up more than they ever have! I have no active acne at the moment, but I have red and purple marks where I had acne years ago showing up. I tried using a BHA from Paula's choice but it doesn't seem to be helping much. I just ordered the Acne.org AHA+ because I've read great reviews. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/16/2016 10:01 am

For me BP seems to prolong the red marks that acne leaves behind. However, do know that it will go away...it just takes time. AHA is a great choice to incorporate into the regimen. My suggestion would be to use is as a spot treatment twice a day BEFORE applying the BP. For some reason it speeds up the fading of the marks for me.

Jackiwoj liked
MemberMember
(@jackiwoj)

Posted : 05/16/2016 1:17 pm

Should I only apply the AHA on the red/purple marks? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/16/2016 2:19 pm

For spot treating yes, apply it only to the red marks.

In addition to that you can also use 1/2 AHA and 1/2 moisturizer mixed together and apply it after the BP. This might sting so you can so this maybe 2-3 times a week then eventually you can move up to using a full face of AHA once or twice a week in the evening in place of moisturizer.