Notifications
Clear all

What to do on a long plane ride?

MemberMember
(@deanna-doherty)

Posted : 05/15/2016 1:24 pm

In my past experince a long plane ride has caused me to break out like crazy. I have been using the regimen for about a month now and I am loving the results so far. I have purchased a hydrating mask and hydrating serum to apply during the flight, making sure my skin stays hydrated will help my skin from breaking out. Since there is little oxygen on a plane and due to my oily skin I know my skin will freak out. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Or should I go ahead and use the hydrating mask and serum I have purchased and then go as normal with the regimen once I land? Any tips will help, thanks!

MemberMember
(@deanna-doherty)

Posted : 05/16/2016 12:08 am

Thanks Chloe! Why do you feel skipping the BP is a good idea? and when exactly do you think I should skip the BP?

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/16/2016 1:35 am

1 hour ago, Deanna Doherty said:

Thanks Chloe! Why do you feel skipping the BP is a good idea? and when exactly do you think I should skip the BP?

Because BP has a tendency to make the skin a bit dry and flaky, and you don't want that before a long plan ride. So i would say 24 hours before your flight, don't use BP.

I'm actually wondering too how to control my skin in sunny weather when i'm traveling soon, since BP decreases the skins tolerance to sun. Have you considered that? Would like to avoid a gross vacation breakout.

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@chloe123)

Posted : 05/16/2016 7:44 am

7 hours ago, Deanna Doherty said:

It will dry your skin out -> skin is vulnerable on plane rides -> leads to dehydration -> increase in acne.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/16/2016 10:23 am

I would advise not to skip the BP but instead keep a lot of moisturizer on hand with jojoba oil. I was just recently on a 10-11 hour flight and I made sure to really keep up with the regimen on the plane because plane air just doesn't to anything for my skin. I increased my moisturizer dosage and also applied more in between when my skin feels dry. It is a hassle to bring the whole regimen on the plane but I did it so it wouldn't cause any breakouts after the plane ride. It worked thankfully and I got out of that zit free. :)

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/19/2016 1:30 pm

On 16/5/2016 at 5:23 PM, nicmic62 said:

I would advise not to skip the BP but instead keep a lot of moisturizer on hand with jojoba oil. I was just recently on a 10-11 hour flight and I made sure to really keep up with the regimen on the plane because plane air just doesn't to anything for my skin. I increased my moisturizer dosage and also applied more in between when my skin feels dry. It is a hassle to bring the whole regimen on the plane but I did it so it wouldn't cause any breakouts after the plane ride. It worked thankfully and I got out of that zit free. :)

May i ask if you traveled somewhere with sunny weather? :) I'm having a hard time figuring out how to keep pimples in control at vacation when the UV is so high, and i'm wondering if it would be OK to use BP every night and just using spf 30 at day time? :)