Notifications
Clear all

I need help finding a new Oil Free Moisturizer

MemberMember
(@intothewild)

Posted : 05/14/2016 7:42 am

For the past couple years I have been washing face once a day at night with BP and using an oil free moisturizer with spf after. In the morning I just splash face with water. Simplifying my skin routine was definitely beneficial to me. I used to use like 4 or 5 steps two or sometimes three ties a day until I realized the having a squeaky clean face was actually causing more harm than good.
The moisturizer I have found to work for me was proactiv oil free moisturizer with spf 15. It doesn't really absorb well and I definitely have to rub it in well, but I have been able to look past that. It seems to not make face oily or feel clogged at all. The few other moisturizers I have used seemed to make my face feel congested and greasy which is an absolute no for me. Can anyone recommend an alternative to this moisturizer. It isn't sold on amazon anymore and I got the proactiv+ version had to order directly on their website and they ended up setting up a recurring plan without my permission which was a hassle to settle. So the fact that I have to go through proactiv is a bummer. Just a note though, the proactiv+ seems to be no different than the older one, just a new name and label.

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/14/2016 8:18 am

34 minutes ago, intothewild said:

For the past couple years I have been washing face once a day at night with BP and using an oil free moisturizer with spf after. In the morning I just splash face with water. Simplifying my skin routine was definitely beneficial to me. I used to use like 4 or 5 steps two or sometimes three ties a day until I realized the having a squeaky clean face was actually causing more harm than good.
The moisturizer I have found to work for me was proactiv oil free moisturizer with spf 15. It doesn't really absorb well and I definitely have to rub it in well, but I have been able to look past that. It seems to not make face oily or feel clogged at all. The few other moisturizers I have used seemed to make my face feel congested and greasy which is an absolute no for me. Can anyone recommend an alternative to this moisturizer. It isn't sold on amazon anymore and I got the proactiv+ version had to order directly on their website and they ended up setting up a recurring plan without my permission which was a hassle to settle. So the fact that I have to go through proactiv is a bummer. Just a note though, the proactiv+ seems to be no different than the older one, just a new name and label.

Try CeraVe instead. Proactiv is not really good anyway, it is a TV-shop product that is promising too much.

Some oils are good, like jojoba oil, while coconut oil will clogg the pores. But don't be too afraid of oils.

Kari1987 liked
MemberMember
(@debolina-khan)

Posted : 05/15/2016 3:44 am

Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer is good

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 05/17/2016 2:08 pm

Elta Md am is a great mositerizer for acne prone skin as well

MemberMember
(@boy123)

Posted : 06/01/2016 3:53 am

On 15 May 2016 at 10:44 AM, Debolina khan said:

Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer is good

I can recommend as well

MemberMember
(@purple-owl)

Posted : 06/01/2016 8:12 pm

Yep, I've been using theNeutrogena oil-free moisturiser for combo skin for a long time. The one for sensitive skin is good too. Just stay clear of the one with spf.