Notifications
Clear all

3 1/2 months on Accutane HELP

MemberMember
(@cravingclarity)

Posted : 05/14/2016 12:36 am

Hey guys.

I am now 3 1/2 months into accutane and breaking out more than ever! My acne before accutane was moderate but persistent and didn't respond to other treatments. I am supposed to be on this for a 6 month course so I am worried the drug won't work for me. My dermatologist told me in the beginning of my treatment that I should see clearance soon because I didn't have it that bad. I was on 40mg the first month and then bumped up to 80mg once a day since then. I am so impatient now and just want some advice or if other people have been here and it got better for them? It makes me sick to feel as if I went on this drug for no reason. I graduate college on Sunday and my face is disgusting. I just want to know it will get better. .anyone please help!

MemberMember
(@clareb78)

Posted : 05/14/2016 3:19 am

On my first course (13 yrs ago) I was still breaking out at the 4 month mark but it did stop soon after so try not to be disheartened X sometimes people need a second course, I did and currently 6 weeks in so make sure your derm checks you 3 months after the end of the course to see if you may need another. best wishes to you X X X

MemberMember
(@bubbles15)

Posted : 12/11/2016 5:22 pm

When did you face start clearing??? I'm on week 15 and breaking out terrible too!!