Notifications
Clear all

Skincare during Accutane ?

MemberMember
(@ludo-be)

Posted : 05/13/2016 2:06 pm

Hello,
I'm going to start an accutane / isotretinoin treatment very soon,
As this stuff can cause dry skin, I've researched for some skincare products.
Here is a list of prodcuts that seemed interesting to use alongside Accutane:

> Dramatically Different Moisturizing lotion from Clinique
> Yes to Blueberries Ultra Hydrating Body Wash
> Aloe Vera Cleansing Milk from De Tuinen (dutch brand)
> Lip balm from Burt's Bee

Anything else I should consider adding to that list ?
Thanks !

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 05/13/2016 2:12 pm

Here's a topic you may want to read if you're starting Accutane! This product looks like a good add-on for cracked lips.
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/270650-accutane-users-amazing-cure-for-cracked-and-chapped-lips/

Good luck with your Tane journey! |::)

ludo-BE liked
MemberMember
(@bigappleedubs)

Posted : 05/13/2016 2:36 pm

I used to use Dramatically Different from Clinique pre-accutane. It doesn't cut it with accutane dryness. I've been using Cerave AM and PM and so far those have been great.

DeLovely and ludo-BE liked
MemberMember
(@wittysock)

Posted : 05/13/2016 3:04 pm

Looks like a pretty good list :)
I'd agree that the Cerave products are good - I have been using the PM moisturiser and hydrating cleanser.
One more suggestion would be jojoba oil as you can use it as a face moisturiser (I mix with the cerave at night), as a body moisturiser, and on your hair if it dries out, so it's a very multi-purpose product!

DeLovely and ludo-BE liked
MemberMember
(@ludo-be)

Posted : 05/13/2016 5:17 pm

2 hours ago, bigappleedubs said:

I used to use Dramatically Different from Clinique pre-accutane. It doesn't cut it with accutane dryness. I've been using Cerave AM and PM and so far those have been great. 

2 hours ago, WittySock said:

Looks like a pretty good list :)
I'd agree that the Cerave products are good - I have been using the PM moisturiser and hydrating cleanser.
One more suggestion would be jojoba oil as you can use it as a face moisturiser (I mix with the cerave at night), as a body moisturiser, and on your hair if it dries out, so it's a very multi-purpose product!

Thanks for your advices,
Unfortunately Cerave products are not available where I live, except if I order from USA but that means I'll have to wait at least one extra month before I'm able to start my treatment. 

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@wittysock)

Posted : 05/14/2016 4:34 pm

23 hours ago, ludo-BE said:

Thanks for your advices,
Unfortunately Cerave products are not available where I live, except if I order from USA but that means I'll have to wait at least one extra month before I'm able to start my treatment.

I had to order Cerave products online as well. I wouldn't put off your start date just for a moisturiser. It's good, but it is only a moisturiser! I'm sure you'll be fine with whatever you have now to begin with, especially if your starting dose is not very high. You could order a Cerave product and use it from your 2nd month, or whenever it arrives. You may even find that Clinique (or something else you have) works just fine for you and you won't need anything else... people seem to react quite differently!

ludo-BE liked