Notifications
Clear all

Female Caveman regiment and wrinkles

MemberMember
(@oola)

Posted : 05/12/2016 10:50 am

Hi ladies, new here 🙂
Basically.... I am on day 2 on modified caveman regiment and so far using only water twice a day. BUT I have to wear makeup while doing part time at work and planing to use my regular Avene gentle face wash to remove it. Also thinking of using a diy exfoliator (clay, honey and oats) to remove dead skin once a week or less.
In the mornings I wash my face with a bit of water and despite I usually have very oily skin, water dries me out and leaves tight and shiny appearance with itchiness (after an hour I'm oily again). I'm worried this will cause my fine lines get even worse, how can I prevent this???

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/12/2016 4:32 pm

I would be more worried trying this when the UV is getting so high - not sure where you are from, but sunscreen is important to use to prevent sun damage - wrinkles.

And i'm not sure yourcaveman regiment will even work if you use makeup and face wash if the idea is to use the natural oils from the body to heal your skin. I just think your makeup will clog your pores and make things worse, but it is up to you if you want that.

MemberMember
(@dell10000)

Posted : 05/12/2016 8:07 pm

I suggest you look into Burt's Bees natural products. I am not sure if they're going to help but you can try.

MemberMember
(@oola)

Posted : 05/13/2016 11:31 am

I know makeup doesn't work with this regimen, but my job requires this. I have half of the bottle of Avene cleanser which I want to use up instead of throwing away. I've tried the oil cleansing method with coconut, olive, and apricot oils but they broke me out and I hate removing the makeup with flannels and cotton pads...