Notifications
Clear all

dry skin

MemberMember
(@caseyy)

Posted : 05/11/2016 7:01 am

Hi, I'm looking for some advice I've tried everything and it has gotten me nowhere! Basically I used to have oily acne prone skin, then for some reason my skin went through a weird phase where it went insanely dry and my makeup would not last on my face without separating and looking gross, this was nearly a year ago and it has only got worse! My skin is so so dry now it has no natural oils, I work full time in a shop and due to my acne (red inflamed lumps under the skin and ALOT of red scaring) it's not possible for me to go without makeup and feel ok. However the past couple of weeks whenever I put makeup on it is just getting stuck to all my dry patches and j end up looking disgusting! I am so stuck for what to do and it's getting me so down!

MemberMember
(@caseyy)

Posted : 05/11/2016 10:19 am

You can't see the dryness hardly at all when my skin has no makeup on unless you really look for it. My diet is quite healthy I'd say, I eat a lot of fruit, veg, nuts fibre etc, and drink at least 2L of water a day.I'm on the combined contraceptive which is supposed to balance hormones however I have been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries which can effect acne, and as for my skincare routine I was over doing it with my skin before and over cleansing and just constantly putting more moisturiser on to try and stop the dryness which didn't help at all and just made my makeup go patchy 🙁 I've tried the caveman regimen but couldn't put up with the dryness so now I tend to remove my makeup with a simple makeup remover, then I'll cleanse with either a cleansing balm or Manuka honey, and I'll sometimes do a Manuka honey mask. I can't use too many products on my skin cause it gets very sensitive and clogs my pores. Also I don't moisturise. Which everybody says you should always always do but it does nothing for me, I religiously moisturised my skin for years and it didn't help, I was then told that sometimes moisturising can make your skin lazy if you've stripped your natural oils. I then stopped moisturising apart from after I've been in water and my makeup stayed on so much better, at first my skin felt really tight but after a while that went and now I'm just left with the dry patches that won't go regardless of exfoliating etc. Oh and I also tried using acid exfoliaton but it made my skin drier, I'll post a picture when I do my makeup so you can see 🙂

bizbaz liked
MemberMember
(@caseyy)

Posted : 05/11/2016 11:18 am

This is some of my face atm, but you cant see the dryness till the makeup is onimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/11/2016 11:46 am

1 hour ago, Caseyy said:

You can't see the dryness hardly at all when my skin has no makeup on unless you really look for it. My diet is quite healthy I'd say, I eat a lot of fruit, veg, nuts fibre etc, and drink at least 2L of water a day.I'm on the combined contraceptive which is supposed to balance hormones however I have been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries which can effect acne, and as for my skincare routine I was over doing it with my skin before and over cleansing and just constantly putting more moisturiser on to try and stop the dryness which didn't help at all and just made my makeup go patchy 🙁 I've tried the caveman regimen but couldn't put up with the dryness so now I tend to remove my makeup with a simple makeup remover, then I'll cleanse with either a cleansing balm or Manuka honey, and I'll sometimes do a Manuka honey mask. I can't use too many products on my skin cause it gets very sensitive and clogs my pores. Also I don't moisturise. Which everybody says you should always always do but it does nothing for me, I religiously moisturised my skin for years and it didn't help, I was then told that sometimes moisturising can make your skin lazy if you've stripped your natural oils. I then stopped moisturising apart from after I've been in water and my makeup stayed on so much better, at first my skin felt really tight but after a while that went and now I'm just left with the dry patches that won't go regardless of exfoliating etc. Oh and I also tried using acid exfoliaton but it made my skin drier, I'll post a picture when I do my makeup so you can see 🙂

Try and use 100% pure hyaluronic acid (you can buy it on eBay) at night and apply moisturizer (for instance Cerave) on top of it. Do this at night.

Another good thing is to use Avene thermal water before you apply makeup etc. Also do lactic acid peels weekly (do 25%) there are instructions on youtube, it will all help your situation.

bizbaz liked
MemberMember
(@banban)

Posted : 06/03/2016 1:18 am

Try salicylic acid or glycolic acid moisturizer! Helps to keep pores clear and get rid of flakes