Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Heyy. So I have been on retin- a since January which is like five months. At first I applied it maybe once or twice a week until I went to my dermatologist a month and a half later who said I should be using it everyday. I was scared because I read about everyone's initial purge stories and etc. But I decided to start it anyway because I was really hopeless. At first, I was only using it because i had a bunch of those colorless bumps all over my forehead and they would not go away. But after starting the retin a, those bumps went away and i got an extraction which left me with red flat marks. This was a lot worse in my opinion than those bumps. So I continued using retin-a, hoping that things would clear up. But, then I started breaking out on my cheeks and I was like whatt whyyy. I have fair skin and the pimples would go away but leave such red marks or post acne pigmentation. I was so depressed and annoyed. On top of all that, my cheeks started to just flush out of nowhere which made the marks that I was trying to cover up with concealer look weird. I literally have like red cheeks and then spots of concealer. This is probably because of how sensitive my skin has become while on retin-a. But i learned and am still learning how to manage it better. I use a gentle cleanser in the morning, then use a moisturizer with spf and then put on makeup. My face is really dehydrated due to the retina-a so I need to find a new moisturizer to help with that. At night, I wash my face with a gentle scrub, apply oil, retin-a, and go to sleep. My red marks are still so visible and its so annoying because they're always visible no matter how much i try to cover them up ughhhhh.  

I have done a lottt of research about these red marks so ill share it. Basically, these red marks occur in people with fair skin. They are damaged blood vessels after an inflammation like a pimple occurs. To cure them, you need healing products, mild exfoliation, and a better lifestyle. I literally am so paranoid about my skin its not even funny. I usually try to use very gentle cleansers on my face and moisturizers that don't clog pores and are somewhat natural. I am obsessive about checking the ingredients. I take probiotics, zinc, echinacea, turmeric, and vitamin c to to be healthier and help these marks. I also try to drink as much water as I can possibly fit in my body and sleep early. 

1. Green tea
2. Supplements mentioned above
3. Gentle skincare
4. Healthy lifestyle

Edited by ccrikov

I have the SAME problem! I don't know how to deal with it, and it never seems to go away. I have both red and purple marks. And my faced is permanently "flushed".