Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SlateStain

How do I get rid of my clogged pores?!

Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm a 18 year old girl who has struggled with clogged pores since I was 14. I have tried pretty much everything under the sun! When I was 13 I started to wear makeup but never removed my makeup or washed my face which I wonder if that's where it all started. I also played softball at the time so I was working out and sweating a lot. When I was 14 turning 15 shortly I noticed I was getting these little bumps on my forehead. Never got pimples just these tiny bumps and overtime I got more and more. Some would turn into pimples over the months but the bumps would return and I would get even more. I have tried so many product over the years and nothing seems to work. I saw a small change when I was using a face wash by younique. I've had read so many articles and I've researched how to get rid of them but I haven't gotten a clear answer. I came across an article talking about the cave man regimen and read how over time her clogged pores went away by not washing her face at all. Should I try this? Will this work? I'm tried of using these chemicals on my face and want to use something natural. I also read in the comments of reading that article that jojoba oil helped clear their clogged pores and now they have flawless skin. Will jojoba oil clear my clogged pores? Can I do the cave man regimen and use the jojoba oil too? And how long will it take to get rid of my clogged pores if I do the cave man regimen and used the jojoba oil? 

P.s: I forgot to mention that I have clogged pore all over my forehead, cheeks, jawline, and some under my chin. I workout pretty much everyday for about an hour, sometimes I skip working out Saturday's and Sunday cause I'm busy on those day lol. I also noticed if I shave my face I get more bumps and my face gets really itchy. 
Thank you for your time!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by SlateStain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can try the caveman regimen and/or jojoba oil and see if they help. But I'd personally recommend seeing a dermatologist. A retinoid would be just the thing for you to purge your pores and smooth out your complexion. Just be aware that retinoids often cause an initial purge or breakout but this is part of the process. My son's skin looked alot like yours several months ago...very congested with many clogged pores...now his skin is clear and smooth.

Good luck with whatever you decide! ::)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, SlateStain said:

 

39 minutes ago, SlateStain said:

Hi, I'm a 18 year old girl who has struggled with clogged pores since I was 14. I have tried pretty much everything under the sun! When I was 13 I started to wear makeup but never removed my makeup or washed my face which I wonder if that's where it all started. I also played softball at the time so I was working out and sweating a lot. When I was 14 turning 15 shortly I noticed I was getting these little bumps on my forehead. Never got pimples just these tiny bumps and overtime I got more and more. Some would turn into pimples over the months but the bumps would return and I would get even more. I have tried so many product over the years and nothing seems to work. I saw a small change when I was using a face wash by younique. I've had read so many articles and I've researched how to get rid of them but I haven't gotten a clear answer. I came across an article talking about the cave man regimen and read how over time her clogged pores went away by not washing her face at all. Should I try this? Will this work? I'm tried of using these chemicals on my face and want to use something natural. I also read in the comments of reading that article that jojoba oil helped clear their clogged pores and now they have flawless skin. Will jojoba oil clear my clogged pores? Can I do the cave man regimen and use the jojoba oil too? And how long will it take to get rid of my clogged pores if I do the cave man regimen and used the jojoba oil? 

P.s: I forgot to mention that I have clogged pore all over my forehead, cheeks, jawline, and some under my chin. I workout pretty much everyday for about an hour, sometimes I skip working out Saturday's and Sunday cause I'm busy on those day lol. I also noticed if I shave my face I get more bumps and my face gets really itchy. 
Thank you for your time!

 


You say you have tried everything but you only mention what cleanser you have been using.

Your routine should be:

Night:
1) Gentle cleanser
2) Benozyl Peroxide
3) AHA creme

Day
1) Gentle cleanser
2) AHA creme
3) SPF Edited by Alex9945

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Facial steaming I've heard can work wonders and it's what I'm trying out now! (also I can atest to the caveman regimen, didnt wash my skin all my life for 21 years, but the last month tried out a bunch of products and I was left with some acne and clogged pores. Cut out all the products again and 98% of my active acne is gone and now I'm just trying to get the last of the clogged pores out hopefully for good!)

Edited by Serena95
Forgot to mention, most importantly, keep going! Patience and persistence is key in both of these. It takes time but worth it I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 18, 2016 at 9:32 PM, Serena95 said:

Facial steaming I've heard can work wonders and it's what I'm trying out now! (also I can atest to the caveman regimen, didnt wash my skin all my life for 21 years, but the last month tried out a bunch of products and I was left with some acne and clogged pores. Cut out all the products again and 98% of my active acne is gone and now I'm just trying to get the last of the clogged pores out hopefully for good!)

how long does it take for the clogged pores to become unclogged and into an actual pimple?? Because I'm still not using any products and I'm using jojoba oil and it seems like I'm getting more and more clogged pores. Is that just part of the process?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SlateStain said:
On 5/18/2016 at 8:32 PM, Serena95 said:

Facial steaming I've heard can work wonders and it's what I'm trying out now! (also I can atest to the caveman regimen, didnt wash my skin all my life for 21 years, but the last month tried out a bunch of products and I was left with some acne and clogged pores. Cut out all the products again and 98% of my active acne is gone and now I'm just trying to get the last of the clogged pores out hopefully for good!)

how long does it take for the clogged pores to become unclogged and into an actual pimple?? Because I'm still not using any products and I'm using jojoba oil and it seems like I'm getting more and more clogged pores. Is that just part of the process?
Jojoba oil actually doesn't work for a lot of people. For me, for the first week I put NOTHING on my face. After a week, my skin was getting a little flaky so I took filtered water on my finger tips and very very gently exfoliated and took multiple clean cotton pads to just wipe the dead skin cells of very gently and to not spread the dead skin cells. I do that maybe twice a week and am eventually gonna stop that. It's been a little over 2 weeks and my clogged pores have receded significantly on their own on my forehead. My cheeks have gotten more whiteheads and pimples because they're coming out but there's barely any significant clogged pores, they're either gone or a very small bump and the rest, like I said, are whiteheads. That being said, I barely washed my face for the past two months or put anything on it so it's been slowly adjusting. I also didn't use products for that long so my skin wasn't too damaged.

Also, I noticed you said you've had clogged pores since you were young and if you are predisposed to them, then this regimen might not help. However, don't put ANYTHING on your face including jojoba oil for atleast 1 month (with the exception of water  but people tend to have quicker results without putting anything on). In my opinion, the acne clears because it all surfaces and flakes off and by putting oil back on it, I think you're just prolonging it's period. Your skin might look gross close up for a while but I think it's worth it for clear skin .

Finally, I personally didn't want to have to upkeep with steaming so I didn't do it/continue with it, however, it works for a lot of people and did work for me! 

Also, really important. DONT PICK. It's so so bad for your skin and if your fingers aren't completely clean or you dont fully clean the spot after, it could spread and make it worse. It's so difficult, but a lot of this regimen is mental. Don't look in the mirror as often and occupy your hands so they don't just go touching your face. Good luck! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok great! Thank you so much!!^_^

15 minutes ago, Serena95 said:
Jojoba oil actually doesn't work for a lot of people. For me, for the first week I put NOTHING on my face. After a week, my skin was getting a little flaky so I took filtered water on my finger tips and very very gently exfoliated and took multiple clean cotton pads to just wipe the dead skin cells of very gently and to not spread the dead skin cells. I do that maybe twice a week and am eventually gonna stop that. It's been a little over 2 weeks and my clogged pores have receded significantly on their own on my forehead. My cheeks have gotten more whiteheads and pimples because they're coming out but there's barely any significant clogged pores, they're either gone or a very small bump and the rest, like I said, are whiteheads. That being said, I barely washed my face for the past two months or put anything on it so it's been slowly adjusting. I also didn't use products for that long so my skin wasn't too damaged.

Also, I noticed you said you've had clogged pores since you were young and if you are predisposed to them, then this regimen might not help. However, don't put ANYTHING on your face including jojoba oil for atleast 1 month (with the exception of water  but people tend to have quicker results without putting anything on). In my opinion, the acne clears because it all surfaces and flakes off and by putting oil back on it, I think you're just prolonging it's period. Your skin might look gross close up for a while but I think it's worth it for clear skin .

Finally, I personally didn't want to have to upkeep with steaming so I didn't do it/continue with it, however, it works for a lot of people and did work for me! 

Also, really important. DONT PICK. It's so so bad for your skin and if your fingers aren't completely clean or you dont fully clean the spot after, it could spread and make it worse. It's so difficult, but a lot of this regimen is mental. Don't look in the mirror as often and occupy your hands so they don't just go touching your face. Good luck! :) 

Ok great! Thank you soo much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know exactly how you fell my face was exactly like that if it a bit worse. I started using Korean and Japanese beauty product (LA MER, does not work and definitely not worth the $500jar) their face regime is quite ong 12-14steps but it has worked miracles for my sin, it’s smoother and softer than my baby’s butt. For real 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made this account because it really bothers me to see all the wrong information being thrown around and I want to help.  The reason your pores are clogged is because of your diet.  No product or doctor will be able to fix that.  If you stop eating meat, dairy, oils, sugar, all processed foods, flours, and nuts, you will guaranteed have clear skin within three weeks.  You're going to have to mostly eat beans, rice, corn, potatoes, all the fruits and vegetables available, no added sugars, no bread, no oatmeal.  You can use spices and salt and hot sauce.   Make lots of hummus with lemon juice, makes lots of soup.  Eat a ton of bananas and cantaloupe and apples etc.  Once you do this, your pores will be clear within three weeks and you will have flawless skin.  As soon as you start adding back bread, oil, sugar, processed foods (tortilla wraps, taco shells, crackers etc.) your pores will clog again, and it will be a very slow process so you will think you can eat certain foods that you most certainly are allergic to.  

The doctors are all out to make money, and will never tell you the truth, which is free and simple.  Plus most of them are stupid.  They think two airplanes can collapse three skyscrapers at the speed of gravity like a Looney Tunes cartoon.  There is an agenda too keep people stupid, unhealthy, and dying off early.  Look into WTC 7, look into sandy hoax, look into the water supply and the chemicals in food, look into everything yourself, because THE NEWS IS ALL LIES AND PROPAGANDA.  And finally, yes, the earth actually is flat and motionless.  There is zero measurable curvature or spin, and we can see objects and mountains hundreds of miles away which is impossible on the globe.  I have friends who are pilots.  They fly flat and level for thousands of miles.  The stars all circle around Polaris and the north pole.  Every single day.  It's flat people!  Stop listening to your dermatologist, stop eating garbage, stop wasting money on harmful products, stop watching television.  Just eat right, exercise, and you will see the results.  I promise you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×