Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SLSL

Microneeding Needling The Derminator Dermastamping Thread - all things microneedling

I completely agree with @beautifulambition. Be very careful with any type of treatment even if they're labeled as non invasive or non ablative as our body could work differently to heal in different period of times as well. i have friends who go to clinics and dermatologists that somehow told them to do needling and/or laser weekly or in every 10days. i've already suspected microswelling. so what they see in initial result could be said an illusion (of the microswelling). what's happened next is the clinic becomes very famous because everyone seem to get instant result. from years of going to other clinics with no improvement and within seconds going to this clinic to see immediate result. once the treatment stops, not only the skin is going back to its previous state, there are more scars added such as pinholes. Please let your skin heals. treating scars does take time and the more patience you are , the more likely to see results without causing more harm. I, myself was burnt by Fraxel before. Thanks GOD for forums like this that I got the better knowledge of not doing anything rash to further complicate the burnt. I went to other derm who prescribed me with gentle type of retinol then it took a full year for the skin to transform. it did not go back to its initial state but still all those criss cross, indentations and pinholes majority are gone. i could not fathom if i went for other laser treatment within that year. most likely it'd make it worse.

after i got burnt by Fraxel, i'm also aware of anything labeled as FDA approved or clinical trials as shown above. those trials as beautifulambition said only involve very few people within certain demographic. For example, Asians bornt in US is different with Asians bornt in asian countries. our diets are even different already not to mention climate, water, air etc. so please understand your skin first before jumping to any type of treatment. Understanding your own skin is the first and the foremost IMHO. FDA involves a lot of investors money and lobbying (including politicians) so go figure. once it's FDA approved, the cost would jump as high as twice of other similar treatments. I'd normally choose another treatment using similar technology and i always pay attention on the Origin of the manufacturer. sometimes the result is even better than FDA approved ones.

Can microneedling help with PIE redness? I've got a stubburn PIE mark which looks like a red freckle for the last 9 months. Hasn't lightened whatsoever despite using so many creams. I don't want to make it worse.

Everything...Laser,Microneedling ect is used to damage the skin and hopefully stimulate collagen.It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that.I use a home microneedling kit. It helps my appearance by tightening it for awhile.

@General_RommelThis may be something else than PIE, have you seen a dermatologist?  I would do this first and check what it is. 

In low mm - .75mm, but not if your overly sensitive, ...do not over needle and do not go deeply, allow one month between. You would ideally do a chemical spot peel on it as well. 

Pulse Dye laser is the most effective.