Notifications
Clear all

acne scars

MemberMember
(@tessa709)

Posted : 05/09/2016 1:22 am

I've had genetic hormonal cystic acne since 4th grade. Not to sound dramatic, but I was not the same after having acne. I went through a acne extraction session and it was so painful. It probably left the ice picks scars I have today. I can't help but envy others with smooth skin. I honestly feel that acne and acne scars have held me back from achieving my fullest potentials. I could not relax and tend to avoid eye contact with people. And it doesn't help to hear my mom tell me to wash my skin properly because I take my cleansing regime very seriously. There's not a day that goes by without me mentally criticizing my pitted cheek. Even after my skin cleared up, my scars constantly remind me of insecurities. I don't know why I constantly feel this way. Patting on thick primers, smearing bb cream every morning...makes my scars less or more apparent some days. My right face is fine, but my left cheek has rolling box scars, ice pick scars, and 3 craters. I also have this stupid deep crater right in the middle between my eyebrows. No primer can save me from indirect lighting. I've done dermarolling. I try to find hope in acne scar treatments such as fillers, lasers, and peels, but I fear I'll just be wasting my money.

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/09/2016 3:09 am

1 hour ago, tessa709 said:

I've had genetic hormonal cystic acne since 4th grade. Not to sound dramatic, but I was not the same after having acne. I went through a acne extraction session and it was so painful. It probably left the ice picks scars I have today. I can't help but envy others with smooth skin. I honestly feel that acne and acne scars have held me back from achieving my fullest potentials. I could not relax and tend to avoid eye contact with people. And it doesn't help to hear my mom tell me to wash my skin properly because I take my cleansing regime very seriously. There's not a day that goes by without me mentally criticizing my pitted cheek. Even after my skin cleared up, my scars constantly remind me of insecurities. I don't know why I constantly feel this way. Patting on thick primers, smearing bb cream every morning...makes my scars less or more apparent some days. My right face is fine, but my left cheek has rolling box scars, ice pick scars, and 3 craters. I also have this stupid deep crater right in the middle between my eyebrows. No primer can save me from indirect lighting. I've done dermarolling. I try to find hope in acne scar treatments such as fillers, lasers, and peels, but I fear I'll just be wasting my money.

Do lactic acid peels, start with 25% if you haven't tried it before. You can buy it on eBay. You can do them 1-2 a week

When your skin is getting used to lactic acid you can buy TCA 15%, but that is a deep peel, so start with lactic acid. There are good videos at youtube to show you what to do.

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 05/11/2016 3:05 am

Thanks Alex for the suggestion, I might try lactic acid and TCA peels. Tessa, I know how you feel, I struggle with my acne scars everyday. I am incredibly aware of lighting everywhere I go. The scars have made me incredibly anxious and insecure; the indentations have drained me of my self esteem. I just feel like they make me ugly and that bothers me a lot. I try to get over the scars since some people tell me they arn't a big deal, but my mind is relentless and cant let go. I just started dermarolling so I hope I can get some descent results with that. Dont give up, try to reduce them! As for psychological advice to help you live a better, less stressful life, I just dont know. I cant seem to help myself. Dammit, they have really taken from my quality of life.

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/12/2016 10:12 am

On 11/5/2016 at 10:05 AM, acne scar obsession said:

Thanks Alex for the suggestion, I might try lactic acid and TCA peels. Tessa, I know how you feel, I struggle with my acne scars everyday. I am incredibly aware of lighting everywhere I go. The scars have made me incredibly anxious and insecure; the indentations have drained me of my self esteem. I just feel like they make me ugly and that bothers me a lot. I try to get over the scars since some people tell me they arn't a big deal, but my mind is relentless and cant let go. I just started dermarolling so I hope I can get some descent results with that. Dont give up, try to reduce them! As for psychological advice to help you live a better, less stressful life, I just dont know. I cant seem to help myself. Dammit, they have really taken from my quality of life.

dermarolling is good too, just remember to use a lot of 100% pure hyaluronic acid after the treatments.

You will get really good results by dermarolling and then you can always try TCA after your are done with your current treatments. 100% hyalyronic acid is really good for the healing process, also after peels.

MemberMember

Posted : 05/12/2016 5:02 pm

Dang I didn't know hyalyronic acid was so spectacular; I mean I had heard praise before but your advice is the tipping point that's going to push me to actually buy it tonight, thanks!
Your awesome!

MemberMember
(@tessa709)

Posted : 06/12/2016 12:47 am

Sorry for the late response, but thanks you guys!

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 06/27/2016 4:24 pm

On 13/5/2016 at 0:02 AM, acne scar obsession said:

Dang I didn't know hyalyronic acid was so spectacular; I mean I had heard praise before but your advice is the tipping point that's going to push me to actually buy it tonight, thanks!
Your awesome!

Hyaluronic acid combined with a good moisturizer is really gold.

Did you try it?

MemberMember

Posted : 07/03/2016 2:29 am

I am going to have to buy the hyaluronic acid online, it was too expensive at Walgreens. I have been using a good moisturizer recently and it has made my skin look better, which is nice.