Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has the "type" of acne you have changed over time?

So I've had acne for around 9 years now, and have tried just about everything aside from Accutane. I've had between mild to moderate acne that's very persistent and without fail, leaves behind red scarring (I do not pick or pop). I've noticed my skin has rough texture now.

But I used to mainly have cystic acne. They weren't huge but they did hurt and were centered around my forehead. Then it moved in other areas but was still considered mild for years until 18, then it went to moderate for 3 years. I'm 22 now. For the past year, my forehead was clear but has started breaking out again - but not in cysts. It just looks congested and I've been getting almost all small, tiny pustules in my T-zone. I also have closed comedones when I never used to. I have combo-oily skin. With summer arriving, the higher the sebum production. I've had only three cysts in the past 5 months but recently noticed how much my acne has changed over the years. It seems my acne type has changed completely. Has this happened with you, and does it mean anything?

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes