Notifications
Clear all

Any ideas? I need help!

MemberMember
(@thatguybryan)

Posted : 05/05/2016 9:58 am

Doe anyone have a clue what this might be? I've never understood it. It's been fairly persistent for the better part of two years. I'm going to list some info on symptoms:

- Only ever on one side of my face. When one side clears up, it almost immediately shows up on the other side.
- Starts under eye then slowly creeps down to my cheekbone. Then clears up and moves to other side.
- No OTC treatments have worked so far. Was even given a topical antibiotic by a Derm once and it was inneffective.
- Always appears almost as a rash, with redness covering entire affected area. Tenderness to touch.
- Large, pus filled pimples.
- Skin in affected area becomes very dry.

The weirdest part is that it's never on both sides at once. I don't touch my face often or sleep on the same side or anything like that. Any ideas? I need help!

PS - I can provide more pictures if anyone needs them. 20160505_174657.jpg20160505_174516.jpg

MemberMember
(@iwikiwi)

Posted : 05/05/2016 10:24 am

Hey, I very had something very very very very similar before and I still don't know what it was. Looked exactly the same but mine would spread to my cheekbones and sometimes on both sides at once and would pop up within a few hours! I also felt hot and stinging sensation on my skin just before they appeared.

My doctor perscribed me a topical antibiotic too and it did nothing, however he then gave me an oral antibiotic and it disappeared within a few days and never returned. Might be worth asking him to do the same for you, be persistent and tell him the topical is not helping.

MemberMember
(@thatguybryan)

Posted : 05/06/2016 7:48 am

21 hours ago, Iwikiwi said:

Hey, I very had something very very very very similar before and I still don't know what it was. Looked exactly the same but mine would spread to my cheekbones and sometimes on both sides at once and would pop up within a few hours! I also felt hot and stinging sensation on my skin just before they appeared.

My doctor perscribed me a topical antibiotic too and it did nothing, however he then gave me an oral antibiotic and it disappeared within a few days and never returned. Might be worth asking him to do the same for you, be persistent and tell him the topical is not helping.

Thanks a lot! I'll have to see if I can get something oral. Anyone else have advice or guesses? I'm open to anything!

MemberMember
(@thatguybryan)

Posted : 05/09/2016 1:22 am

Nobody else? 🙁

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/09/2016 3:05 am

1 hour ago, thatguyBryan said:

Nobody else? 🙁

It sounds very weird, so i'm not 100% sure what it is. It looks more like bed bug bites and not really like acne, because the rest of your skin is really clear.

Try and do 15% TCA peel on the areas, if there is bacterias under your skin the TCA will kill them.

and then try washing everything in your bed. Pillow, duvet, everything.

MemberMember
(@iwikiwi)

Posted : 05/09/2016 7:28 am

As someone who had a close encounter with bed bugs I can confirm that if that was the case you would notice a lot of bites on your whole body...it'd be pretty hard to miss

MemberMember
(@clareb78)

Posted : 05/09/2016 7:45 am

Has rosacea been ruled out? Just a guess! X

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 05/09/2016 8:25 am

5 hours ago, Alex9945 said:
It sounds very weird, so i'm not 100% sure what it is. It looks more like bed bug bites and not really like acne, because the rest of your skin is really clear.

Try and do 15% TCA peel on the areas, if there is bacterias under your skin the TCA will kill them.

and then try washing everything in your bed. Pillow, duvet, everything. 

You hit the nail on the head Alex ' because the rest of your skin is really clear ' I have been warning people for a while now about the rest of the skin being clear, my family suffer in the same way,we have an allergy to chemical additives in instant food,like cup a soups,instant noodles,sauces,gravy granules etc 'just add boiling water,eat in 2 mins' and we have a 100 % success rate to prevention,
I'm glad you recognised this and hope members seriously consider this,
I have posted a pic of my daughter 24 a day or 2 after eating  a meal containing chemical enhancers,she went on to develop a huge spot and a bit of a rash,

photo (1).JPG

how she normally looks chemical free,she uses no creams of any sort
010.JPG

•  

MemberMember
(@thatguybryan)

Posted : 05/09/2016 8:57 am

1 hour ago, Clareb78 said:

Has rosacea been ruled out? Just a guess! X

I've considered Rosacea, but always thought it was only redness and dry skin, not huge pus filled mounds as well. And the fact that it's never on both sides of my face drove me from considering Rosacea further as well. I'll need to do more research on it! Thanks so much.

MemberMember
(@clareb78)

Posted : 05/09/2016 1:59 pm

Apparently it can be misdiagnosed as acne as it sometimes has spots/pus filled mounds in the mix X happy researching hope you find an answer either way! Best of luck X X

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/09/2016 4:26 pm

sorry, i just really think it looks like bites

rosacea is a good guess too, but try and find a professional who can answer you. All i can say is, that it does not look like acne.

MemberMember
(@thatguybryan)

Posted : 05/09/2016 7:45 pm

3 hours ago, Alex9945 said:

sorry, i just really think it looks like bites

rosacea is a good guess too, but try and find a professional who can answer you. All i can say is, that it does not look like acne.

Alex, I appreciate your input, but I can assure you it's not bites. I had it for a long time at home, and I still have it now, months later, currently deployed in the middle east. I don't think bed bugs would have followed me out of spite ;).

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 05/09/2016 7:52 pm

Have you been to a dermatologist where they've actually taken a sample of it and looked at what it under the microscope? I just wonder if maybe you have a fungal infection or even bacterial infection that isn't acne. If the topical antibiotic didn't work.... it might be a fungal infection. I would strongly encourage you to see a dermatologist and get the spot biopsied or even just a small q-tip roll sample to see what it is. It doesn't look or behave like acne. Just a guess...

I do actually think Rosacea might be what's going on here, it can definitely be asymmetrical, so definitely worth looking into!Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@thatguybryan)

Posted : 05/09/2016 11:11 pm

3 hours ago, emmygirl said:

Have you been to a dermatologist where they've actually taken a sample of it and looked at what it under the microscope? I just wonder if maybe you have a fungal infection or even bacterial infection that isn't acne. If the topical antibiotic didn't work.... it might be a fungal infection. I would strongly encourage you to see a dermatologist and get the spot biopsied or even just a small q-tip roll sample to see what it is. It doesn't look or behave like acne. Just a guess...

I do actually think Rosacea might be what's going on here, it can definitely be asymmetrical, so definitely worth looking into!Best of luck!

I have been to a dermatologist! My regular doctor sent me to one. She drained a large one that I had and didn't act concerned at all. Gave me the topical antibiotic and sent me on my way. I even expressed to her my thoughts. But I plan to try again when I get home! Unless someone else has a good rosacea treatment I could try. I'm open to suggestions! Thanks emmy