Notifications
Clear all

Any foundation recommendations???

MemberMember
(@orie_hamasaki)

Posted : 05/04/2016 1:02 pm

Hello! Can any one recommend a foundation that has very good coverage for acne, and acne scars! For combination skin, thanks

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/04/2016 2:01 pm

I personally love Revlon Colorstay & Loreal Infallible Liquid Foundation. I would say Revlon is full coverage while Loreal is more medium.

Some people swear by Estee Lauder Double Wear but I haven't tried that one yet.

MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 05/04/2016 7:59 pm

6 hours ago, orie_hamasaki said:

Hello! Can any one recommend a foundation that has very good coverage for acne, and acne scars! For combination skin, thanks

Just as a general rule (this means that it applies to the majority of people, not to everyone)people with acne-prone skinshould use loose mineral makeup, since pressed and pasty makeup can sometimes worsen acne. Whatever makeup you will use, please wear it for the shortest possible time, i.e. wash it off as soon it is socially acceptable for you to be without any makeup.
Best!

MemberMember
(@orie_hamasaki)

Posted : 05/07/2016 2:13 am

Thank you for the replys!!!

MemberMember
(@lizpearce)

Posted : 05/07/2016 9:36 pm

Make sure to use low-mineral based make up and avoid having it for a long time, hope this helps

MemberMember
(@ugurl)

Posted : 05/28/2016 1:13 am

I find that using a primer such as the smash box one helps to create a barrier between my make up and my skin, which is great because i don't want to make my acne worse by using foundation.

MemberMember
(@samorales)

Posted : 05/30/2016 12:51 am

Faerie Organic is amazing, it's gentle, all natural and I've been using it for years.

MemberMember
(@orie_hamasaki)

Posted : 05/31/2016 4:42 pm

On 28 May 2016 at 7:13 AM, Ugurl said:

I find that using a primer such as the smash box one helps to create a barrier between my make up and my skin, which is great because i don't want to make my acne worse by using foundation.

This is very useful! Thank you

MemberMember
(@ugurl)

Posted : 05/31/2016 10:05 pm

5 hours ago, orie_hamasaki said:
On May 28, 2016 at 2:13 AM, Ugurl said:

This is very useful! Thank you

No problem. I totally understand the struggle! Invest in a good cleanser and/or cleansing wipes. Always wash off all make up before you go to bed :)

Btw, If you're still interested in foundations, I use Benefit's Oxygen Wow foundation. They have 9 shades, paraben and oil free, plus SPF 25 and it's super hydrating. I love this foundation! It does cost $36 so if you're interested, definitely get shade matched at sephora or ulta to make sure you're happy with it :)

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/25/2016 4:48 pm

I like Garnier BB creme for oily skin. It hasn't broken me out.

MemberMember
(@dreamadiane)

Posted : 07/02/2016 8:22 am

My daughter just started getting acne in December. Her face has always been beautiful until then. She is 17 and starting her senior year in high school. Her dermatologist wanted to start her on Accutane, but we declined. Instead we are going with natural methods. She started using Tarte Cosmetics, they have both liquid and powder foundation, and she also purchased the sponge, she found that really helped her to apply the makeup as she needed it. The sponge is $20, shaped like a dew drop and works so well with the foundation. She had to wear it for a long period yesterday, and she looked the best she has looked in a while. Make sure you wash any brushes or sponges at least once per week to keep bacteria to a minimum. She purchased hers from Sephora, however, this weekend Tarte has free shipping and new email users get a 15% coupon off. We had not previously subscribed and went to purchase a couple of items and noticed the discount.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/03/2016 12:07 pm

On 7/2/2016 at 9:22 AM, DreamaDiane said:

My daughter just started getting acne in December. Her face has always been beautiful until then. She is 17 and starting her senior year in high school. Her dermatologist wanted to start her on Accutane, but we declined. Instead we are going with natural methods. She started using Tarte Cosmetics, they have both liquid and powder foundation, and she also purchased the sponge, she found that really helped her to apply the makeup as she needed it. The sponge is $20, shaped like a dew drop and works so well with the foundation. She had to wear it for a long period yesterday, and she looked the best she has looked in a while. Make sure you wash any brushes or sponges at least once per week to keep bacteria to a minimum. She purchased hers from Sephora, however, this weekend Tarte has free shipping and new email users get a 15% coupon off. We had not previously subscribed and went to purchase a couple of items and noticed the discount.

Tarte is good stuff.

MemberMember
(@dramafan0)

Posted : 07/08/2016 11:31 am

I use rimmel match perfection which provides good coverage and doesn't break me out, the only thing is my face gets really oily so I have to powder my face quite frequently.

can anyone recommend a foundation with good oil control.

Thanks