Notifications
Clear all

Suggestions?

MemberMember
(@budvar87)

Posted : 05/03/2016 8:41 pm

Can you all make treatment suggestions for my acne scars? I would consider them to be mild. I'm considering single needling for some of the more noticeable ones. 

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@budvar87)

Posted : 05/08/2016 2:03 am

Thanks for the response, man. Looks like a 30% glycolic peel is low risk, so I'll probably start there. With the type of scars that I have (enlarged pore/shallow ice pick) would single needling be a viable option?

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/08/2016 4:54 am

2 hours ago, budvar87 said:

Thanks for the response, man. Looks like a 30% glycolic peel is low risk, so I'll probably start there. With the type of scars that I have (enlarged pore/shallow ice pick) would single needling be a viable option?

I would say lactic acid is better than glycolic for scars, glycolic is good too but it is the acid mostly used for wrinkles while lactic acid is more for scars. So buy a 40% lactic acid peel. You can do them 1 time a week. As mentioned it is not the best time for peels because of the sun, so remember to wear a sunscreen with spf 30 or 50.

When you have been used to doing lactic acid peels you can buy a 15% TCA peel. But i will wait to after summer to do TCA. There are instruction videos on youtube for all type of peels. Good luck 🙂

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 05/09/2016 5:01 am

What is your definition of single needling, budvar87?

People often make reference to this but I wonder if they truly understand what is is, what type of needle is involved and the technique that should be used.