Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rizeap

HELP, weird side effect from accutane??

Hey everyone,

This is my first time posting, usually im just a lurker, but I have an issue which I need some opinions/advice on.
I started accutane 3 weeks ago, just 20mg a day, and I have started experiencing what might be a weird side effect, if not, I have no clue why its happening. Anyway, my ears have been intermittently itchy, the skin on the back of them has turned a bit rough, they go bright red and now they have started swelling?? Today I woke up with one ear bright red and swollen so it has doubled in thickness.
The other ear has been itchy too and as soon as I itch it it gets swollen. 
I have taken an antihistamine today and yesterday which has done nothing, I dont know what to do??
The ear that is currently swollen is quite large and red and irritated..

Is this a bizarre side effect from accutane? Has anyone experienced anything like this?
I was also taking prednisone for a little then I weaned myself off of it about a week ago, could this be related? 

Please help I dont know what to do. 

Since I posted this this morning both my ears are now consistently swollen and slightly red, to the point where if i grab the flat part of my ear its 3 times as thick as the rest of my ear...