Notifications
Clear all

I WANT ACNE GONE

MemberMember
(@cindycindz)

Posted : 05/03/2016 8:07 am

Hi my name is Cindy. I am 16 years old and I have acne. I've had pimples since I was 9 years old. I didn't really think anything of it until I was in middle school and looked and saw how other girls faces were clear as heck and mine had lots of blemishes. By the time I was 11 I would say I had acne. It looked SOOO bad considering the fact that I am a lighter complexion. Because I am lightskin, my acne shows a lot more. Also, my acne turned into scars/hyper pigmentation. I was so insecure throughout my whole childhood because of my acne. I saw a dermatologist when I was about 13 (I know pretty young)  but I hated my acne SOO MUCH. She prescribed retinoids but I haven't rlly seen much improvements. She also gave me some pills. I've been on the same regimen she gave me for 3 years now. My doctor and family members say my skin looks a lot smoother than it did before. I guess you can say I've had improvements but I also have A LOT OF SCARRING. I breakout as well too but not as much. I just need help. I'm tired of it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong :( I'm eating right, vegetables and fruits everyday. 8 cups of water a day as well. I even read online how dairy can add to your breakouts as well, so I cut that out a bit. I also started using aloe Vera juice for the acne scars. Nothing. Like I said, I have had acne since I was 8-9 and I am now 16. When will this end?? I need more tips. Please help me! Thanks. Also do you think I should start using the acne.org regimen?? 

MemberMember
(@elee92)

Posted : 05/03/2016 6:10 pm

If by scars you mean depressions in your skin, Id go see your dermatologist right away. Those scars will never fade with time and you need to be aggressive and take care of this before you get more/bigger scars. This current regimen obviously isnt preventing these scars from forming you need to look for different alternatives that will prevent them.

If by scars you mean hyperpigmentation, Id be patient about it (I know this is the last thing you want to hear). Those scars will fade away some might take a couple days, some might take weeks but they are not permanent. I also had acne from a very young age and had to deal with it all throughout middle and high school, and I clearly remember seeing my peers and wondering how the heck their skin was so clear. Theyd had long hair down, make up on, eat a bunch of junk food, etc. yet their skin was so enviably blemish-free. By the time I got to senior year of high school, my skin randomly spontaneously started calming down by itself. I know it feels like youve been waiting and waiting for years and years and years but Id wait just a little bit more to see if your skin will naturally heal itself because that is way better than being on a acne free regime for years and years and not being able to stop it because youre afraid that would mean your acne would come back. Be patient and gentle with your skin, give it a little more time and chance to clear itself up.