Notifications
Clear all

Makeup, how to remove it?

MemberMember
(@jessie512)

Posted : 05/03/2016 1:31 am

Hi guys!
i just made an account and justnow found out about acne.org and really wanted to try out the three step regimen. The problem is i wear foundation every single day due to the acne scars i have and acne but, i didn't see anything about removing makeup. I know acne.org stress es not to irritate skin when using the regimen but i don't think i can go out without makeup but i also want to see results! I remove my makeup with cotton pads and the garnier miscellar water but even that makes my skin a bit sensative due to the amount of cotton pads i use (3-4). I've tried oil as well but to remove makeup in general some irritation always happens, at least for me. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/03/2016 9:58 am

I use one cotton pad with jojoba oil. I just cover the entire thing with the jojoba oil and gently smear it all over my face. Once my face is covered I let it sit there for about 1-2 minutes. It breaks down the makeup really well that when I cleanse my face all the rest comes off.
Just be very light handed when you swipe the pad on your face.

jessie51 liked
MemberMember
(@janecrosley)

Posted : 05/18/2016 3:59 am

i use extra virgin coconut oil with a cotton pad to remove my make up. it remove my eyes make up very well-not irritating

MemberMember
(@kellyberry)

Posted : 05/18/2016 6:51 am

I really need suggestions on this. Cos I use makeup removal wipes and I think I've had a regression (on my 3rd week of regimen)cos of this. I react to any form of oil on my face, so jojoba's not an option.

MemberMember
(@noemiiiir)

Posted : 05/21/2016 4:55 pm

extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, Dickenson's Witch hazel also works great. if u do get on the acne.org regimen you can use the lotion to remove face make up!
i find that witch hazel works best. i wear a lot of foundation and witch hazel removes it faster and i use less product

ClassyCat liked
MemberMember
(@aud327)

Posted : 05/22/2016 1:09 am

Yeah I definitely need to be more sensitive when removing my makeup. After using the jojoba oil, do you then use the regimen even if it's been less than 10 or more than 12 hours from your last use?

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 05/28/2016 11:18 pm

I use coco oil or olive oil.

MemberMember
(@janecrosley)

Posted : 08/04/2016 7:12 am

I also tried to use Calendula oil! It works even better than coconut oil :D

MemberMember
(@oldbooksandcats)

Posted : 08/25/2016 5:19 pm

I use 3 steps to totally and completely remove the makeup from my face:

1. oil cleanser
- i am able to use Simple brand hydrating oil cleanser, but it does contain grapeseed oil, so if your skin is sensitive to this, use only the jojoba oil like nicmic62 suggested. I apply it gently with my hands, and let it sit for a few seconds to let it dissolve the makeup. Then I splash my face with water.

2. wash with usual cleanser
-the same gentle way described in the Regimen, like you normally would

pat face gently to dry. Then step 3:

3. Micellar Water
-swipe the face GENTLY with a cotton pad covered in micellar water. After using the oil cleanser and the normal cleanser, you should only need to use 1 pad.

Let face air dry. Now you should have a totally clean canvas to apply your benzoyl peroxide.

I personally do not wear makeup often, only about once a week, because any amount of physical agitation (patting the makeup into the skin, wiping gently with a cotton pad) will cause me small acne bumps. Can I get rid of them fairly quickly using the Regimen? yes, but they still irritate me and make my skin less than perfect.

I understand and feel your pain about not wanting to go outside without makeup on to cover the acne.

MemberMember
(@sjh1986)

Posted : 08/27/2016 9:01 am

I just started using Burt's Bees cleansing oil to remove my makeup prior to the regimen and so far it's working pretty well with no adverse results. It washes away leaving very little residue, and it even gets a lot of my waterproof mascara off. I tried using several other products for this, including the simple miscellar water. It not only made my acne worse, but it also did a poor job at removing a lot of my makeup and I had to scrub and cause more irritation to my skin to get any off with it.

Everyone's different, but that was my experience. The burts bees is a bit pricier for a drugstore product, but still less than other high end brands and just as effective. There may be some lower cost options out there that also function well, but I can't speak for any of those. The only downside to it is that it contains fragrance which can be irritating for some, but I find even with my extremely sensitive skin as long as I try not to get any actually in my eyes than I have no issues with it

So far in my gentle and non irritating makeup removal search, cleansing oil is definitely the way to go. When you put it on it forms a smooth barrier while you gently move in circles, which really prevents the irritation you typically get with anything that involves a cotton ball, pad, or wipe. The oil still freaks me out a bit so as mentioned, I follow as I normally would with my regular cleanser. Once I get comfortable enough I may try without two cleansing steps to see what happens

Just my two cents,Good luck!

MemberMember
(@rosaceasingapore)

Posted : 09/01/2016 12:09 pm

Use micellar water to remove your makeup, but use it in the right way.

To reduce irritation, I pour some of the micellar water into a spray bottle. Spray entire face with some micellar and let it sort of melt through the makeup first. After that, use a cotton pad that is soaked with the micellar water and go over your skin gently. You should only require 2 cotton pads to get a clean face.

Bioderma is the most gentle micellar water out there. Give it a try. It's really gentle and should not irritate the skin at all.