Dont know if I shou...

Notifications
Clear all

Dont know if I should buy the products

MemberMember
(@dyroxx)

Posted : 05/02/2016 9:03 pm

Hello! I had very moderate almost severe acne for months but about a month ago I started to take doxycycline hyclate (antibiotics) and I also kind of followed the acne.org regimen but with different products.

I used CeraVe cleanser and a Cetaphil oil control SPF moisturizer and for the BP I use Neutrogena Rapid Clear which says its for stubborn acne and its a daily leave-on mask that has 2.5% BP.

After that month of taking antibiotics and doing this regimen, my acne got so much better. I have a few left but mainly just a LOT of hyperpigmentation and scars.

I know the antibiotics helped a lot but I am off it officially today so I dont know if the regimen will help me? Hearing my regimen, do you think I should use my products or buy acne.org products? And should I consider AHA to get rid of my hyperpigmentation and unevenness??

You liked
MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/03/2016 10:02 am

Based on my experience...

Yes the antibiotics do help...however after a few months it all came back. Nothing has cleared me quite like The Regimen and has kept me clear three years into it. It looks like your products are somewhat close to what Acne.org recommends. My only advice would be to get the Acne.org BP and AHA.
The cleanser and moisturizer are easy but if you want a good BP that lasts you for months then invest in the Acne.org BP. Furthermore the AHA will be one of the best things for your hyperpigmentation. It will definitely speed up the healing of those marks.

You liked
MemberMember
(@dyroxx)

Posted : 05/03/2016 8:21 pm

Oh! And just keep my moisturizer and cleanser? And what about like skin peeling? Like my skin hasnt been exfoliated in a month and like when i scratch my skin, there is like lot of dead skin that come off. What should I do about that?

You liked
MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/04/2016 9:52 am

13 hours ago, Dyroxx said:

Oh! And just keep my moisturizer and cleanser? And what about like skin peeling? Like my skin hasnt been exfoliated in a month and like when i scratch my skin, there is like lot of dead skin that come off. What should I do about that?

Yeah, keep the cerave and cetaphil. For skin peeling, just let it be. The less you touch your skin the better. After a month into it when you incorporate AHA into the routine this will help tons with the dry flaking skin.