Notifications
Clear all

Not touching them, still scaring

MemberMember
(@kevin9k9)

Posted : 05/02/2016 3:23 pm

idk, it's not like it's a big deal right now, but, I am starting to get more acne that days go, and, my mom tells me not to touch them or do anything bad with them but even though I don't even touch them, they scar anyway? I use a daily wash sometimes though too.
idk what i'm supposed to do because if it ends up like that with every single pimple, i'm going to end up really bad as my depressions are starting to get worse right now

MemberMember
(@johnnywitt19bakercharters-org)

Posted : 05/02/2016 3:36 pm

@Kevin9k9What is you daily skin care routine, do you just use a wash?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/02/2016 4:38 pm

If they're persistentnodules they will likely scar regardless. Some will heal over time some will stay for a longer time and some will leave an indent.

MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 05/02/2016 5:58 pm

This is what's so fu**** up with acne. It doesn't matter if you're disciplined enough, if you have cystic acne you'll be left with scars!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/02/2016 11:49 pm

5 hours ago, somethingsomethingagain said:

This is what's so fu**** up with acne. It doesn't matter if you're disciplined enough, if you have cystic acne you'll be left with scars!

One needs to find the skin care routine that works like a charm on their skin. Then one must discipline themselves to have a good diet and overall health to assist in healing and keep acne at bay. In others words, there are lots of factors one must look into and chance to achieve best possible results. Lots of constituents that form discipline...ex:Not picking to prevent scarring is one.

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 05/03/2016 7:54 am

Surely there must be something that can be applied to "fresh wounds" to help reduce scarring so that you don't have so much of a problem treating it in the future?

I often think to myself that "if only I knew what I know now" back when I had active acne then I would be a lot better off, but at the same time - I'm unsure on what the preventative measures should be. Whilst it is definitely a good idea not to pick at spots, it does not mean that they won't leave behind a scar anyway. However, those early days must represent an opportunity to do something about it before it does develop into a fully-fledged scar I would imagine. What the ideal solution is however, I simply do not know.

MemberMember
(@kayshoe)

Posted : 05/03/2016 8:44 am

Are you sure the marks are true scars and not post inflammatory hyper pigmentation? The main things that help with PIH that I've read are time (unfortunately) and making sure to wear sunscreen so the red marks don't get darker.

MemberMember
(@kevin9k9)

Posted : 05/04/2016 10:08 am

SOrry for the delay, school eating me up
My acne is looking like severe, i've had some pimples that didn't scar, but most of them do, I don't have cyst yet, not sure if my acne is actualyl turning into cyst either though

On 2016-05-02 at 10:36 PM, -John- said:
@Kevin9k9What is you daily skin care routine, do you just use a wash?

I just wash my a daily at night, that's all, other than washing with luke water at morning

On 2016-05-03 at 2:54 PM, Paul B said:

Surely there must be something that can be applied to "fresh wounds" to help reduce scarring so that you don't have so much of a problem treating it in the future?

I often think to myself that "if only I knew what I know now" back when I had active acne then I would be a lot better off, but at the same time - I'm unsure on what the preventative measures should be. Whilst it is definitely a good idea not to pick at spots, it does not mean that they won't leave behind a scar anyway. However, those early days must represent an opportunity to do something about it before it does develop into a fully-fledged scar I would imagine. What the ideal solution is however, I simply do not know.

I explain the same thign to myself, as I said above it's not really a big deal atm as it's just a small scar, but it's scaring me to know that my other pimples will turn out the same

On 2016-05-03 at 3:44 PM, KayShoe said:

Are you sure the marks are true scars and not post inflammatory hyper pigmentation? The main things that help with PIH that I've read are time (unfortunately) and making sure to wear sunscreen so the red marks don't get darker.

Eh I don't really know the differences but it looks indented and is red

Thank you all^^

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 05/04/2016 11:09 am

sounds like you might not be getting enough good vitamins and minerals. ABCDE zinc all of it... you could try adding supplements that are antioxidants. vitamin c, vitamin e, COQ10, grapeseed etc. you could also try a something topical that helps with collagen like a vitamin c cream ormaybe look into copper peptides
http://makeup.wonderhowto.com/inspiration/review-copper-peptides-serum-for-acne-scars-and-wrinkles-0147904/
http://www.acne.org/clear-skincare-copper-peptides-reviews-354/

also, if you smoke cigarettes, this is going to make your situation so much worse

-John- liked
MemberMember
(@kevin9k9)

Posted : 05/06/2016 3:11 pm

On 2016-05-04 at 6:09 PM, hopeless87 said:

sounds like you might not be getting enough good vitamins and minerals. ABCDE zinc all of it... you could try adding supplements that are antioxidants. vitamin c, vitamin e, COQ10, grapeseed etc. you could also try a something topical that helps with collagen like a vitamin c cream ormaybe look into copper peptides
http://makeup.wonderhowto.com/inspiration/review-copper-peptides-serum-for-acne-scars-and-wrinkles-0147904/
http://www.acne.org/clear-skincare-copper-peptides-reviews-354/

also, if you smoke cigarettes, this is going to make your situation so much worse

Appreciate your answer bud, thank you. I tend not to smoke but, usually drink every now and then though