Notifications
Clear all

Confused about what to do

MemberMember
(@skb95)

Posted : 05/02/2016 10:49 am

I don't know if this is possible, but I haven't had cystic acne for a long time now and I am convinced that I have new scars forming on my face. I am so depressed about it and I don't know what to do. I am avoiding any social interaction and I am having to go to the doctor in a couple days to organised depression help and counselling.

I recently started using a BHA on my skin, so I didn't know if this could be causing new scarring? I'm too scared to use my 'simple refreshing gel facial wash' and Elta MD SPF moisturiser etc on my face in case that is making it worse. But then that may lead to new acne forming which will lead to scarring.. I don't know what to do. And I'm on lymecycline currently, so I know I should be using sun protection, but I'm just petrified.

I haven't had any acne concerns for years and suddenly I have plagued with skin concerns and depression and I don't know if I'm convincing myself that things exist, when really they don't. I really need some help, I feel like I'm falling apart

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 05/02/2016 10:57 am

Have you just started using the BHA recently? Sometimes active ingredients like those can break you out a little, what else are you using on your skin?
How has Lymecycline been for you?

The elta md sunscreen looks pretty good so don't be afraid to use that.

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 05/03/2016 4:53 am

Okay, first of all, it DOES get better. I had terrible acne, and I don't say that lightly. My derm told me I was one of the worst cases she had ever seen. I was put on Accutane twice, so I can hopefully offer some insight here. I developed cystic acne after my first course(I was around 15), and like you, after my skin cleared I was worried about scarring. It did take a while for it to go away, but IT DID. I would say it took about 3-4 years for all of my scarring to go away. I don't even have to wear makeup now. It is important that you are still taking care of your skin even though your acne is gone, as it will help the healing process. It sounds like you're on the right track with the BHA, but make sure you have a regular facial routine as well. If you need specifics as to what I use, I can help you there; just shoot me a message. As far as your anxiety and depression, therapy istremendously helpful.I really wish I had went sooner because it makes things so much better.