Notifications
Clear all

NEED ADVICE FROM ANYONE

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 05/01/2016 9:04 pm

So this is a random question but I feel like my acne left me with a lot of emotional problems.

First of all when I had acne (now i only have some scarring left) I was always anxious to be in bad lighting and stuff like that. So i guess after so much constant worrying i still feel social anxiety bc it was so common to me before that it hasn't gone away even if the original problem is gone. Is there any way to get rid of this other than seeing a doctor? because I don't want any anxiety pills AT ALL, i dont need them but everytime i feel anxious and try to calm my self it just doesn't do anything. I just still feel the same feeling sometimes of worrying when I am in public even though the acne is gone. I never had this before acne btw so i know i have anxiety because of it. It's kind of engraved in me now.

Another question... what is an effective way to help people around you especially loved ones understand your lifestyle and diet? After getting rid of my acne I am SO strict with my diet because I know that little changes here and there or eating junk causes breakouts for me EVERY TIME and I will do anything to prevent any kind of break out!!! & I am 100% successful when i stick to my diet. So i still stick to the diet that got rid of it because I know it works for me. I barely eat at restaurants because 99% of restaurants out there have no options for me and or use the worst ingredients. I am not kidding when i say that any little thing not in my "diet" causes problems for me not only in skin but digestion. Sometimes i think its extreme but symptoms do not lie. So... I also get anxiety when my friends or family invite me to dinner or TRAVELING because there is almost ZERO foods that I can practically eat unless i take my own. How do i live with out seeming wierd to them that i either have to take my own food (which is crazy to them) or not go at all - which sucks.

Things i can eat: (I go to a nearby farm to get these!!!) RAW milk, raw yogurt/kefir, raw butter, grass fed meats ONLY, SOME organic fruits and SOME veggies... that's practically it. Anything outside of this and my digestion goes crazy. Idk why I'm overly sensitive but it took my a long time to listen to my body and I need to put it first. this might not be forever but it is for now. I just don't know what to do because avoiding every trip and dinner isnt going to help me just isolate me. I want to find a way to help others understand me because i feel stuck. I want to keep sticking to my diet because I know it is healing me little by little. I'm getting lots of probiotics and nutrients this way because all the farm products don't have any hormones and have tons of beneficial bacteria. the meats are also high in omega 3's unlike commercial meat loaded with who knows what. there is no restaurants serving fresh farm food almost anywhere sadly :((( but i feel like if i eat even a bit of pasta, bread, bad oils or even legumes my hard work is greatly diminished instead of helping my progress. i want to stick to this LONG TERM. HELP PLSSS!

I guess it just really matters to me bc it took so long for me to finally figure this out. cleaning my body has been a mission and people don't understand how it feels to just breakout from anything i put in my mouth so i need to help them understand, just don't know HOW.

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 05/01/2016 9:30 pm

I rarely go out to eat too. There's practically nothing for me to eat a most restaurants either. Plus, knowing where the stuff they serve actually came from makes me not even want to eat it. Though, I'm jealous of people who go out to eat and eat whatever the f they want. I hate them.

Anyways, I would just tell them that you are allergic to these things.

Can you go out and get a salad with no dressing?

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 05/01/2016 9:44 pm

I used to say I'm allergic (i count breaking out as allergic anyway LOL!) but that means I would have to be allergic to almost everything under the sun but if you see the GOOD side of this is that we learned not to eat junk :)

Yeah salads would work but most restaurants don't even have organic leafy greens. So that means pesticides... :( but it would be the best option. last time i went to visit my boyfriend i found a farm next to his house so i bought a bunch and took it to his house <3 but that rarely happens.

MemberMember
(@oldbooksandcats)

Posted : 05/02/2016 12:59 am

As someone with severe Celiac Disease, I can empathize. It's tough when everyone thinks that hanging out at 'wing shack' is a great idea... 

Would you be able to have people over at your house?  I don't know what your living situation is. With summer getting closer every day, it would be a great time to have a bbq. You could organize some fun games, and tell people to bring their own drinks/sides. 

I personally have a hard time organizing events at my house; often, people's schedules conflict, or they flake out and forget to show up. BUT, by extending the invitation, you show that you want to spend time with your friends. And when a party does pull together, they'll find out that your food can taste pretty good too 

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 05/02/2016 3:51 pm

14 hours ago, OldBooksandCats said:

As someone with severe Celiac Disease, I can empathize. It's tough when everyone thinks that hanging out at 'wing shack' is a great idea... 

Would you be able to have people over at your house?  I don't know what your living situation is. With summer getting closer every day, it would be a great time to have a bbq. You could organize some fun games, and tell people to bring their own drinks/sides. 

I personally have a hard time organizing events at my house; often, people's schedules conflict, or they flake out and forget to show up. BUT, by extending the invitation, you show that you want to spend time with your friends. And when a party does pull together, they'll find out that your food can taste pretty good too 

that is a good idea :))) i will try that! 

the only thing that i will still have problems with is going on trips and such... my BF wanted to stay at his mom's house for mothers day this wknd (she lives by the beach :) ) BUT his mom always cooks EVERYTHING i can't eat (lots of poor quality meats also). I feel SO rude saying no or bringing my food instead so maybe i might as well not go - which again sucks. I guess sometimes we just have to give up and sacrifice some stuff but idk which of the two to sacrifice my health or going for the weekend having fun. Same goes for going on vacation anywhere. 

MemberMember
(@jensweetone)

Posted : 05/02/2016 9:06 pm

My goodness, I would just rather experience a breakout and be able to go out and enjoy myself!

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 05/02/2016 9:23 pm

13 minutes ago, jensweetone said:

My goodness, I would just rather experience a breakout and be able to go out and enjoy myself!

yeah but i think of it as temporary... i want to heal this for good. the only way that can be is if i heal my gut. it might not be a gut problem for everyone with acne but for me it was. i need to do this healing and commit. my whole life i ate badly till now. they weren't normal breakouts they were really intense and i don't want to go through that again. i will give up junk food for my skin and health any day... because breakouts mean that your body is trying to tell you something. i just want to be able to be myself and share my thoughts with the ones i love so i don't have to avoid them bc this is matters to me.

🙂

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/25/2016 9:54 am

On 5/2/2016 at 10:06 PM, jensweetone said:

i sometimes think that, but I hate myself later when I get a massive break out. If it was one or two small pimples, no big deal but if its a bunch of itchy red long lasting zits...not worth it. It causes terrible anxiety for us.

I understand the mental anguish with being scared to eat almost anything. A few years ago I was so obsessive I became anorexic cand refused to do anything socially. It didn't work for my acne but looking back I was still eating wrong despite cuttinig out lots of stuff. I still ate inflammatory foods and stuff with high glycemic indexes.

Its much harder if you do have real allergies and people don't understand, or worse, respect that. I suggest looking for organic restaurants in your area. Celiac disease is a bitch, the cross contamination issue is very under appreciated.