Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snowflake01

Dr David Lim Reviews

Recommended Posts

There was this user, Sydboi, who did infinity rf by Dr. Lim years ago. He was not happy about the outcome and opened a topic about that. After a few posts BA deleted that topic. I asked why he did that and it was because of psychological issues of this user. Right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
3 hours ago, Noa27 said:

There was this user, Sydboi, who did infinity rf by Dr. Lim years ago. He was not happy about the outcome and opened a topic about that. After a few posts BA deleted that topic. I asked why he did that and it was because of psychological issues of this user. Right. 

I came across a comment here recently. An user said that good doctors usually don't need to engage in marketing and post their results everywhere. Good doctors are recognized by the number of successful treatments and happy patients. They get popular by the word of the mouth. 

This thread about Dr Lim doesn't exactly brim with a lot of positive reviews, unfortunately! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sisi90 said:

I understand. Thank you. But still it's not very clear if Nokor or cannula was used for these results and how many sessions are needed. I guess only dr Lim knows this. And what does "modified instrumentation subcision" mean? Is this the Taylor Liberator?

I don't actively follow Lim, but from what I know, he doesn't use TL. Who knows what "modified instrumentation subcision" might mean. Doctors like to come up with these fancy names just to confuse the f*ck out of their patients.

15 hours ago, Sisi90 said:

Otherwise subcision, Genius and fractional laser seem like a good combination to me (uneducated opinion, of course) and if similar scarring could get the degree of improvement with this combo it would be a dream come true. 

I personally am quite critical of these cocktail approaches. Other than Rullan's, who mostly offers his patients with cocktail treatments, I haven't read any studies purporting this method is better than à la carte treatment. The improvement could have come from any one of the treatments in the cocktail. So the other two would have been a waste of money.

15 hours ago, Sisi90 said:

What is a bit concerning though is the very visible redness that probably shows that the laser was performed shortly before. This casts a shadow of doubt over the permanent results

Any treatment that can possibly char the skin will cause redness. That would include not only laser, but dermabrasion, RF micro like Infini/Genius, as well as chemical peels like TCA. There are many factors that can contribute to redness. First, the way you heal plays a vital part. If you're a poor healer, it can last a long time. Another factor is how aggressive the treatment was. Overall, the redness can last up to 6 months for some.

15 hours ago, Sisi90 said:

If dr Lim posts afters 6 months post procedure( not only lasers but any kind of procedure that could plump up the skin through swelling), I think a lot more people would be willing to do his treatments and hope for real results!

Well, that's not entirely his fault IMO. How many people would oblige to show up in-person to take a picture of their face after 6 months, especially those who came from abroad? I suppose he could ask them to submit a photo, but lighting would be all different and that would create a ruckus amongst those who always b1tch about different lighting, and so on.

By no means am I in support of Lim, but a lot of you spend inordinate time criticizing Lim. He is just a human and not a godl. I'm sure he has his usual flaws, no different from any other doctor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 1/15/2021 at 11:21 PM, Sirius Lee said:

I don't actively follow Lim, but from what I know, he doesn't use TL. Who knows what "modified instrumentation subcision" might mean. Doctors like to come up with these fancy names just to confuse the f*ck out of their patients.

I personally am quite critical of these cocktail approaches. Other than Rullan's, who mostly offers his patients with cocktail treatments, I haven't read any studies purporting this method is better than à la carte treatment. The improvement could have come from any one of the treatments in the cocktail. So the other two would have been a waste of money.

Any treatment that can possibly char the skin will cause redness. That would include not only laser, but dermabrasion, RF micro like Infini/Genius, as well as chemical peels like TCA. There are many factors that can contribute to redness. First, the way you heal plays a vital part. If you're a poor healer, it can last a long time. Another factor is how aggressive the treatment was. Overall, the redness can last up to 6 months for some.

Well, that's not entirely his fault IMO. How many people would oblige to show up in-person to take a picture of their face after 6 months, especially those who came from abroad? I suppose he could ask them to submit a photo, but lighting would be all different and that would create a ruckus amongst those who always b1tch about different lighting, and so on.

By no means am I in support of Lim, but a lot of you spend inordinate time criticizing Lim. He is just a human and not a godl. I'm sure he has his usual flaws, no different from any other doctor.

 

I am not vilifying Dr Lim, I am offering constructive criticism. 

 

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
6 hours ago, Sisi90 said:

 

Redness can last for up to 6 months yes, but usually redness goes with microswelling, meaning the skin hasn't ' 'settled' yet. I've talked to many who have had fractional or fully ablative lasers who say the redness and swelling can last to up to 4(!) months. Poor healer or not, slow responder or not, usually redness= residial microswelling. That's why I am saying those photos should be taken with a grain of salt.

 

 

I have read something similar. You can have microswelling without redness as it fades away quickly in some cases, but you usually can't have redness without some swelling. It means the skin isn't done remodelling itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sisi90 said:

Redness can last for up to 6 months yes, but usually redness goes with microswelling, meaning the skin hasn't ' 'settled' yet. I've talked to many who have had fractional or fully ablative lasers who say the redness and swelling can last to up to 4(!) months. Poor healer or not, slow responder or not, usually redness= residial microswelling. That's why I am saying those photos should be taken with a grain of salt.

 

6 hours ago, BlueMaloney said:

I have read something similar. You can have microswelling without redness as it fades away quickly in some cases, but you usually can't have redness without some swelling. It means the skin isn't done remodelling itself.

 

Totally understand where you're coming from, but you need to understand that you could still have post-inflammatory erythema (PIE) long after the swelling is gone. It's the PIE that can last up to 6 months, not swelling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 1/16/2021 at 9:40 PM, Sirius Lee said:

 

 

Totally understand where you're coming from, but you need to understand that you could still have post-inflammatory erythema (PIE) long after the swelling is gone. It's the PIE that can last up to 6 months, not swelling.

.

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×