Notifications
Clear all

Dr David Lim Reviews

MemberMember
(@snowflake01)

Posted : 06/18/2015 2:51 am

His work looks so good. Has anyone been treated by him and happy? Wish he was in US.

MemberMember
(@meg-m)

Posted : 08/09/2015 12:07 pm

Yes, he definitely has some very excellent results. I have been following him on RealSelf. Is that where you found him?

I asked him a question via the Request a Consultation form and he never responded. I don't know what to make of it, esp. as I am seriously considering flying to Australia to have him treat me. If he could take care of me in 1-2 treatments, it would be well worth it.

Have you attempted to contact him yourself?

MemberMember
(@slowdiscovery)

Posted : 02/24/2016 10:19 pm

On 201589 at 1:07 AM, Meg M said:

Yes, he definitely has some very excellent results. I have been following him on RealSelf. Is that where you found him?

I asked him a question via the Request a Consultation form and he never responded. I don't know what to make of it, esp. as I am seriously considering flying to Australia to have him treat me. If he could take care of me in 1-2 treatments, it would be well worth it.

Have you attempted to contact him yourself?

He has a personal channel on youtube and he is willing to answer people's reviews.
You can have a try.

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/01/2016 6:25 am

Hello was just wandering on the communities thoughts on dr david Lim seems to be one of those few docs in the world that has proper knowledge on acne scars and can deliver on results. Just wandering if anyone has considered getting treatment with him or has had treatment with him outside of Australia.

MemberMember
(@sadnesssss)

Posted : 05/01/2016 12:50 pm

Hi , I don t have any scarring treatment done , I still have a lot of acne but when I will be acne free I will go at him . I saw all his youtube videos and he explain everything about acne and scarring . Check his yt channel

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/01/2016 4:21 pm

davin lim *

MemberMember
(@sydboi)

Posted : 05/02/2016 5:35 am

I'm from Sydney and hoping to see him also! It would be great if anyone could tell us if they have seen him for a treatment.

MemberMember
(@coconutrough)

Posted : 05/02/2016 6:34 am

I'm from Europe and I would travel to Brisbane several times or stay there for a year if Dr. Lim has the answer..I'm not kidding.
Unfortunately there isn't much information/patient reviews on him here or elsewhere.

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/02/2016 10:13 am

Ye i seen that before ye it did seem odd to me as well why she wouldn't go back but you look on his website and some of the pictures you can barely tell that they had scar. i have also heard about Dr rapport as well informative yes but looked around he doesn't really seem to get the results. I really am considering flying all the way from theUK to have him treat me.

On 5/2/2016 at 4:34 AM, CoconutRough said:

I'm from Europe and I would travel to Brisbane several times or stay there for a year if Dr. Lim has the answer..I'm not kidding.
Unfortunately there isn't much information/patient reviews on him here or elsewhere.

i no theres isnt much info but look at his website the amount of pics he has there dont lie. i too am also considering flying out to get treated by him.

On 5/1/2016 at 2:21 PM, ScarFace6556 said:

davin lim *

Ye thanks thats autocheck for you.

On 5/2/2016 at 3:35 AM, Sydboi said:

I'm from Sydney and hoping to see him also! It would be great if anyone could tell us if they have seen him for a treatment.

cool well if you do get treated or have a consult with him let us no how it goes.

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/02/2016 10:53 am

Already enquied unfortunately no skype consultations. Most Derms/ plastic surgeon in the UK are rubbish i have already done my research none of them will have knowladge or expertise like he does. The only one that is slighlty credile is Dr tapan patel but after reading some of the horror stories here of what he has done to people i am reluctant to go in for a consultant. He seem to push enerjet or infini or laser. Doesnt seem intrested in helping people once and and for all fix there scars doesnt seem to use subcison or tca cross even thought he advertises he does it.The downtime isnt a problem i want the results.

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 05/03/2016 5:54 pm

On 5/2/2016 at 4:34 AM, CoconutRough said:

Actually this is my second long term plan , i wish i can do it now , go to airport , get ticket and take the steps toward my redemption, but it's all on this little crazy monkey " money " !!

MemberMember
(@jackalfonso)

Posted : 05/23/2016 6:52 am

We're all on the same boat!! That's my long-term plan too. Dr. Davin Lim devised a treatment plan for me via Realself, it is a 6 month long treatment plan. It involves 3-4 Infini then Subcision and Filler. YOU SHOULD ALSO TRY TO TAKE A PICTURE THEN POST ON REALSELF, most likely he'll reply to you. TIP, take your scars on tangential, overhead and different lighting possible so Dr. Davin can give best advice. Here's my question to him, https://www.realself.com/question/singapore-sg-acne-scars-improved-significantly-photo#2842180 .

What's funny here is I already have itineraries and I already computed how much is my stay per day, food in Brisbane, airfare and the treatment cost. Here you can have a grasp of how much money you'll probably spend: http://www.westderm.com.au/prices/ Currently money isn't my problem but I don't have enough free time or down time to undergo 6 months on Brisbane. Guys!! If you have specific dates on visiting Dr. Lim, let's keep in touch!!! Because another concern I have in mind, you know since airfare is expensive and also food I can't bring any companions with me like I can't bring my GF with me, btw I'm a Singaporean. So I think its fuckin weird to go out the doctor's clinic with very red face from lasers ALONE and the thought of being alone on a new environment like Brisbane for 6 LONG MONTHS. At least if you have a friend to go in the Drs. office you have someone to talk to and understand your own STRUGGLES.Things like that Hahaha. CHEERS!!

Jboy600 and Hope01 liked
MemberMember
(@jackalfonso)

Posted : 05/24/2016 1:01 am

Hello I'm just curious if anybody here from any Asian countries have tried visiting Dr. Davin Lim in Brisbane. My concern is my acne scars. Can you describe your experience like where did you stay in Brisbane, did you stay there for several months to undergo the treatment or you go back to your home country after every treatment. Because he devised a 6-month treatment plan for me, and I'm very puzzled on to what will I do there for 6 months with treatments that only has 3-4 days downtime. BTW I'm from Singapore, so its a long flight to get to Brisbane. Thank you!!!

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 05/24/2016 1:43 am

Is infini rf a treatment that depends heavily on the skill of the Dr? Perhaps it would make more sense to get those treatments done in Singapore and then fly out to Australia for the subcision. I would only ever consider going through that much trouble to see him if I was going for the full suite of lasers and subcision.

Мyth and Robertitoo liked
MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/24/2016 5:01 pm

15 hours ago, JackAlfonso said:

Hello I'm just curious if anybody here from any Asian countries have tried visiting Dr. Davin Lim in Brisbane. My concern is my acne scars. Can you describe your experience like where did you stay in Brisbane, did you stay there for several months to undergo the treatment or you go back to your home country after every treatment. Because he devised a 6-month treatment plan for me, and I'm very puzzled on to what will I do there for 6 months with treatments that only has 3-4 days downtime. BTW I'm from Singapore, so its a long flight to get to Brisbane. Thank you!!!

not travelling from asia but from the UK i really want to visit him. i know there are alot of others on the board as well that also wish to.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/24/2016 5:53 pm

While I really like his results and I think he's one of the better doctors out there for acne scars, I think everyone should take a breath before elevating him to guru status. We've seen this a lot with other doctors in the past. It's always important to be realistic, and understand that even Dr. Lim only posts his best results. It is possible that you may not get the kind of results we see in the pictures and videos. Traveling half way around the world is a huge investment, and most likely it will take many many procedures to get to the level of improvement we see in the videos. In fact, he says explicitly that many of the cases take 6 months to a year to get the final results. Just be prepared and understand what you are getting into.

MemberMember
(@jackalfonso)

Posted : 05/24/2016 7:12 pm

2 hours ago, Hope01 said:
not travelling from asia but from the UK i really want to visit him. i know there are alot of others on the board as well that also wish to.

Dude I'm sure you've heard of ernestoria, have you tried visiting his doctor? Dr. Khan in Hayley Street, London. He had an amazing and noticeable improvements. Why not try that option first.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/24/2016 7:35 pm

22 minutes ago, JackAlfonso said:
2 hours ago, Hope01 said:

Dude I'm sure you've heard of ernestoria, have you tried visiting his doctor? Dr. Khan in Hayley Street, London. He had an amazing and noticeable improvements. Why not try that option first.

He was the center for attention a couple years back. Now he's seldom talked about. Goes to show...relax. Check out Signapore first thoroughly. to my knowledge, that's the go-to place for plastic surgery..and korea

MemberMember
(@jackalfonso)

Posted : 05/24/2016 7:51 pm

9 minutes ago, Robertitoo said:
He was the center for attention a couple years back. Now he's seldom talked about. Goes to show...relax. Check out Signapore first thoroughly. to my knowledge, that's the go-to place for plastic surgery..and korea

Dr. Lim always suggest fillers for atrophic scarring. Have you had fillers along with subcision?? Is it enough to lift some of your atrophic scars?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/25/2016 9:49 am

I've had subcision performed twice. Both times I followed the Suction protocol that yielded great results. I have tenuous lingering scars that I am treating with spot tca peels. Yes @ 3rd

MemberMember
(@sodiumhydroxide)

Posted : 05/25/2016 11:56 am

I am from Singapore too.
My scars are rolling and boxed, no ice pick.

I had about 8 course of fractional and ablative laser half here and half in South Korea. Only helped 20-30% at best. I had some fillers injected once but they didn't last long.
Did subcision there is no resistance under the skin and no snapping sound could be heard
Did my own dermstamping/dermrolling
Had multiple sessions of PRP and PRFM (the "gel" form of PRP)

Did TCA cross 100%>filled up about 40-50% but problem was the redness and hyperpigmentation, after doing it 4 times and down time about 10 days each time I stopped.
And on the usual topicals
I just had filler (ellanse E) which will last for 4 years, which i bought and injected myself, this is the most effective out of all the treatments, now my scars are almost levelled that it's impossible to inject more without overcorrecting.

Now the only option left for me is to go back to energy device this time I want to try a RF needling procedure. There are doctors here that offer both intracel and infini RF, intracel being able to penetrate up to 2mm only but not you need to go deeper because the skin is about 1.5mm thick on average. And glad to come across the post aboveabout fat atrophy after the procedure, it's not really widely mentioned and now I have to find out more about it.

I hoped my experience can serve as an anecdotal example for you and the community here. At the beginning I actually thought laser was the answer but how wrong I was.

Мyth, dazzed, malia02 and 3 people liked
MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 05/25/2016 3:16 pm

Infini RF gave you fat atrophy? I actually thought it would help with that too...
Thankfully I postponed it, do you still advise doing that?

MemberMember
(@jackalfonso)

Posted : 05/25/2016 8:37 pm

8 hours ago, sodiumhydroxide said:

I am from Singapore too.
My scars are rolling and boxed, no ice pick.

I had about 8 course of fractional and ablative laser half here and half in South Korea. Only helped 20-30% at best. I had some fillers injected once but they didn't last long and i think i did a better job with injecting fillers myself than the derm.
Did my own subcision with 2 sessions only done by derm> i did it till there is no resistance under the skin and no snapping sound could be heard
Did my own dermstamping/dermrolling
Had multiple sessions of PRP and PRFM (the "gel" form of PRP)

Did TCA cross 100%>filled up about 40-50% but problem was the redness and hyperpigmentation, after doing it 4 times and down time about 10 days each time I stopped.
And on the usual topicals
I just had filler (ellanse E) which will last for 4 years, which i bought and injected myself, this is the most effective out of all the treatments, now my scars are almost levelled that it's impossible to inject more without overcorrecting.

Now the only option left for me is to go back to energy device this time I want to try a RF needling procedure. There are doctors here that offer both intracel and infini RF, intracel being able to penetrate up to 2mm only but not you need to go deeper because the skin is about 1.5mm thick on average. And glad to come across the post aboveabout fat atrophy after the procedure, it's not really widely mentioned and now I have to find out more about it.

I hoped my experience can serve as an anecdotal example for you and the community here. At the beginning I actually thought laser was the answer but how wrong I was.

Did you spot treat your boxcar scars with 100% TCA Cross? Because I have some deep boxcar scars in my Temple Areas, do you think I should give it a try?

MemberMember
(@sodiumhydroxide)

Posted : 05/26/2016 1:18 am

Jack.

TCA cross will work for box scars.
Just do a pubmed search, they use it to treat chickenpox scars too.

But because you have to cover a wider area than a icepick scar, there is more damage
1. You get more redness and hyperpigmentation (if you have higher fitzpatrick skin), quoted 6 months to go away in the studies.
2. You can afford 7-10 days downtime? For how many sessions?

Try subcising first to detach the teethering before TCA.

MemberMember
(@jackalfonso)

Posted : 05/26/2016 6:11 am

Hi, I was told by Dr. Lim that 3-4 Sessions of Infini could improve atrophic scarring and any residual scars left will be filled by HA Fillers. What do you think about that? Should I just go on a direct Filler Route without INFINI.