Notifications
Clear all

Accutane IB help!

MemberMember
(@paigenicholle)

Posted : 04/28/2016 4:13 pm

Hi all,
I just joined acne.org as I always read blogs and just decided might as well create one! Anyways, I'm 3 weeks into accutane (absorica) 35mg a day. I have moderate acne, but I am struggling so bad right now with this initial breakout. It's taken over my confidence this past week. I would really love some words of wisdom to anyone whose been through it, or going through it now. When will it be over? :(  Thanks y'all xo 

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/28/2016 7:16 pm

Oh girl it gets so much worse before better. But I promise you after hundreds of hours of research, everyone clears eventually. Guaranteed! I am so so sorry you're not feeling good about your skin, but it IS temporary. People who love you will support you through this journey! I am currently going through a bit of a facial rash/reaction from Accutane that consumed my whole cheek, I went to my derm and they gave me something to clear it up! No matter how bad it gets, everything is reversible and you WILL get through this. The instagram accutane community is so dope too maybe check it out :) 

MemberMember
(@paigenicholle)

Posted : 04/29/2016 1:30 am

@TaneBabe
Hi beauty! Thanks for taking the time to read and responding to my rant lol. Ah I'm sorry about your rash! My skin is also super sensitive so it tends to turn into a tomato 80% of the day. Thank you I will check out the Instagram page now! Good luck on your course :) 

MemberMember
(@stephen23)

Posted : 04/29/2016 5:44 pm

I was super red my first month too, and it eventually went away. If you have to spend a couple weekends in your room watching netflix, that's ok! By month 3 you should def start seeing some improvement.