Notifications
Clear all

Can I take two different brands of accutane(isotretinoin) together at the same time?

MemberMember
(@naimur97)

Posted : 04/28/2016 10:32 am

Like the question says,can I take two different brands of accutane together?My pharmacy is quite messed up.I used to take 50mg a day with one 10 mg and two 20mg pills of Roaccutane.Now they are out of stock of just the 10mg Roaccutane pills.So they gave me 10mg pills of Absorica and 20mg pills of Roaccutane.
So,is it okay to take accutane with mixed brands and will the results still be the same?

MemberMember
(@wittysock)

Posted : 04/28/2016 3:44 pm

If the pharmacist signed off on it then it should be ok - they are ones who know about interactions etc.

Naimur97 liked
MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 04/28/2016 4:57 pm

6 hours ago, Naimur97 said:

Like the question says,can I take two different brands of accutane together?My pharmacy is quite messed up.I used to take 50mg a day with one 10 mg and two 20mg pills of Roaccutane.Now they are out of stock of just the 10mg Roaccutane pills.So they gave me 10mg pills of Absorica and 20mg pills of Roaccutane.
So,is it okay to take accutane with mixed brands and will the results still be the same?

I wouldn't mess around with accutane. I would strongly suggest not taking it but at least stick to a very low dose and don't trust doctors or pharmacists. Don't mix brands - accutane is a very serious drug whicn can cause long term/permanent damage.

Be informed, do lots of research

MemberMember
(@naimur97)

Posted : 04/29/2016 4:09 am

11 hours ago, hatetane said:
I wouldn't mess around with accutane. I would strongly suggest not taking it but at least stick to a very low dose and don't trust doctors or pharmacists. Don't mix brands - accutane is a very serious drug whicn can cause long term/permanent damage.

Be informed, do lots of research

Thanks for the advice.
However,accutane is my last hope since i'm extremely prone to scarring.I have no other choice.

MemberMember
(@bentley-boo)

Posted : 04/29/2016 4:50 am

The active ingredients should be the same so I imagine it is ok and that your pharmacist knows what he/she is doing, as long as you don't exceed your usual dose in anyway. I am taking 10mg of one generic version and 20mg of another, I never even thought to question it.

Naimur97 liked
MemberMember
(@naimur97)

Posted : 04/29/2016 9:03 am

4 hours ago, Bentley.boo said:

The active ingredients should be the same so I imagine it is ok and that your pharmacist knows what he/she is doing, as long as you don't exceed your usual dose in anyway. I am taking 10mg of one generic version and 20mg of another, I never even thought to question it.

Thanks.That's a big relief.
BTW what are you taking(the names of the generic versions)?

MemberMember
(@bentley-boo)

Posted : 04/29/2016 9:06 am

They are both Isotretinoin, 10mg and 20mg, made by different companies. I'm in the UK, not sure what you are.

I see you are in the USA, not sure how it works there but here the Generic ones just have the drug name on the packet eg lsotretinoin and the company that makes that certain pack is printed on the box, the blister pack and has their own advice leaflet.

MemberMember
(@naimur97)

Posted : 04/29/2016 9:30 am

12 minutes ago, Bentley.boo said:

They are both Isotretinoin, 10mg and 20mg, made by different companies. I'm in the UK, not sure what you are.

Is the generic name Roaccutane?I guess that's what most people take in the UK.
I'm basically travelling with my parents most of the time.Currently in the UAE.
Hoping to settle in Florida once college starts. At least the American pharmacies can be trusted,though accutane prices are crazy over there without insurance.

MemberMember
(@bentley-boo)

Posted : 04/29/2016 11:22 am

The Branded version by Roche is Rouaccutane here yes. The generics are just called Isotretinoin, it's quite rare to get the branded medications over here for anything the pharmacy tends to get generic because they are cheaper. This is the good thing about the NHS. Only having to pay a prescription charge and not for the medicine a hellof a lot cheaper.

MemberMember
(@naimur97)

Posted : 04/29/2016 2:22 pm

2 hours ago, Bentley.boo said:

The Branded version by Roche is Rouaccutane here yes. The generics are just called Isotretinoin, it's quite rare to get the branded medications over here for anything the pharmacy tends to get generic because they are cheaper. This is the good thing about the NHS. Only having to pay a prescription charge and not for the medicine a hellof a lot cheaper.

Well,I thought you are on ROACCUTANE too.I exchanged ABSORICA with ROACCUTANE today and it turns out the manufacturers are different.So I thought if you are a Roaccutane user,maybe I can verify its authenticity.
BTW,I heard it takes around 6 months to see a dermatologist through NHS? If it's true then it must be frustrating.I might be wrong though.

MemberMember
(@bentley-boo)

Posted : 04/30/2016 3:29 am

13 hours ago, Naimur97 said:
Well,I thought you are on ROACCUTANE too.I exchanged ABSORICA with ROACCUTANE today and it turns out the manufacturers are different.So I thought if you are a Roaccutane user,maybe I can verify its authenticity.
BTW,I heard it takes around 6 months to see a dermatologist through NHS? If it's true then it must be frustrating.I might be wrong though.

They are all the same just made in different labs with different packaging. You will be fine.

In saw my doctor to ask for a Dermatologist appointment in December and I got an Appointment for the Dermatologist for the end of April. After 15 years of acne the wait wasn't too bad. I imagine for teenagers ar school it must be devastating though.

Naimur97 liked
MemberMember
(@naimur97)

Posted : 04/30/2016 10:16 am

6 hours ago, Bentley.boo said:
They are all the same just made in different labs with different packaging. You will be fine.

In saw my doctor to ask for a Dermatologist appointment in December and I got an Appointment for the Dermatologist for the end of April. After 15 years of acne the wait wasn't too bad. I imagine for teenagers ar school it must be devastating though.

Thanks again for the assurance.
Acne for young-adults and adults can be traumatizing too.An average person leaves behind acne in high school.I hoped I will outgrow it once I hit 8 but I was so wrong.And since I'm starting college soon,I'm pretty terrified.All of my friends(back at home) outgrew acne,and I feel like the ugly duckling when I'm with them.
I would have gone mad if I had to wait for so long,since I'm extremely prone to scarring.Though I quite never had a "regular" derm,I pretty much go to a derm's office every month.