Notifications
Clear all

After glycolic acid peel care question.

MemberMember
(@ccurran86)

Posted : 04/28/2016 9:11 am

So yesterday I bought a 30% glycolic acid peel and read all the instructions and even watched YouTube videos. I applied the peel and waited 4 minutes and then did a neutralizer. After that I cooled it down with cool water. Face was red for about 2 hours all over. I applied vaseline while sleeping and wake up and my face isn't red on my forehead and a little on my upper cheeks, but is red around my laugh lines and mouth area. I applied Cetaphil mild cleanser and aloe vera to cool it down. Also I put on a cold compress. My face does feel a little raw which I hear is normal but any recommendations how often I should apply aloe vera or a moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@iwikiwi)

Posted : 04/28/2016 4:00 pm

Apply moisturiser night and day and Wear sunscreen or a moisturiser with a sunscreen also and it will be a ok, just give it some time 🙂 as long as you stick to the instructions don't apply too often and I can't stress it enough sunscreen! Without it you might hive yourself a bad suburb and discoloration even if it's cloudy (happened to me). I find aloe Vera doesn't help me much but if it works for you that's great! 

Cetaphil mild cleanser is a good choice if it doesn't break you put. Otherwise skipping water altogether and using micellar water on a cotton pad is even better for me :) you can find micellar water in most drugstores on the UK at least. Most brand advertise it just for make up removal but it works for cleansing also!

Ccurran86 liked
MemberMember
(@ccurran86)

Posted : 04/28/2016 4:28 pm

I don't think I have the time to do another peel nor do I want to risk anything happening. I only did it yesterday because I have today off from work. I am concerned about tomorrow as I do work outside most of my shift. My face isn't as red right now but still feels raw. I did buy a just for men triple action moisturizer that has spf 30.

MemberMember
(@ccurran86)

Posted : 04/28/2016 10:26 pm

I am graduating from UCF on Thursday. Will it fully recover by then. All redness is pretty much gone except where I had a little whitehead on the upper right cheek. My forehead is really soft and not red. My chin is normal. My left side is not red as well. All I have no is a couple of spots that is lightly peeling but nothing major.

MemberMember
(@iwikiwi)

Posted : 04/29/2016 10:21 am

Sounds like you're nearly all recovered already! The tender raw feeling will disappear in a couple of days. If you still have some flakes you can buff them very gently with a bit tissue or cloth or just apply moisturiser to mask them and they will disappear all on their own in a few days also. Good job with the sunscreen keep that up religiously!

MemberMember
(@ccurran86)

Posted : 04/29/2016 6:18 pm

Yea I have a little dry patch right above the left and right side of my mustache. The upper right side of my cheek looks to be healing nicely from the whitehead the peel extracted. That will probably take a couple days to heal fully.