Notifications
Clear all

Counteract acne cause by BC

MemberMember
(@cita)

Posted : 04/28/2016 3:32 am

So I got the Nexplanon implant a few months ago, in the beginning of February. Everything had been going really well and I actually like this form of BC. Except lately, in the past couple weeks, I've been breaking out around my chin more than usual (stress sometimes get me too) and I'm noticing some light breakouts on my back and chest. I know it's spreading, and I'm almost positive that it's because of my implant.
My question though, may be a bit complicated. I was hoping to find a way to counter this hormonal imbalance while keeping my implant? Like I said, I really like every other aspect and I haven't been able to find anything that works this well for me. I'm just not sure what to do about this acne 🙁

MemberMember
(@katsc)

Posted : 04/29/2016 6:06 pm

On 28/04/2016 at 5:32 AM, Cita said:

So I got the Nexplanon implant a few months ago, in the beginning of February. Everything had been going really well and I actually like this form of BC. Except lately, in the past couple weeks, I've been breaking out around my chin more than usual (stress sometimes get me too) and I'm noticing some light breakouts on my back and chest. I know it's spreading, and I'm almost positive that it's because of my implant. 
My question though, may be a bit complicated. I was hoping to find a way to counter this hormonal imbalance while keeping my implant? Like I said, I really like every other aspect and I haven't been able to find anything that works this well for me. I'm just not sure what to do about this acne :(

Hello, Cita. 

Nexplanon contains etonogestrel, which has androgenic properties and might worse acne. I suggest you to try another thing, such as anti androgenic pills. Talk to your doctor about that to know the best option! Good luck!