Notifications
Clear all

How do I find out my skin type?

MemberMember
(@leo10)

Posted : 04/27/2016 3:42 pm

Hello. Ive been using an acne medication for some time now. My mom gave me the treatment, I didn't really care about my skin. But now I realized that I should, and I want to know the right things to use. I don't know how my skin type was back then or how it really is, because I'm using products so I don't know if that affects the skin type. My skin doesn't get flaky or dry or irritated or anything. But it gets oily some hours after cleansing. I don't know if my skin is normally oily or the product is making it oily. How do I check my actual skin type? Do I just wash with water? Would that break me out if I stop using the medication?? The things I use are: neutrogena oil free acne stress control power cream wash. Neutrogena oil free acne stress control triple action toner. Neutrogena oil free moisturizer combination skin. Please help

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 04/28/2016 1:28 am

Probably wash your face and touch it a few hours later. (Don't apply any product) If it's oily or dry to touch, you'd know that. If some parts of your face are oily and some are dry, then combination. I don't think the products you use are making your face more oily since they are oil free and I doubt they would break you out if you stop. I love neutrogena but it is not that strong of an acne medication.

MemberMember
(@leo10)

Posted : 04/28/2016 2:53 pm

13 hours ago, Chloe123 said:

How is your acne now? Active or in-active? Was your skin always oily? does it feel tight after washing?

Sorry for all the questions, but finding out your real skin type vs if the skin products your using is actually creating an entirely new skin type is difficult.

Well my acne has been reduced. I get less pimples too, but it's not completely gone. My face doesn't feel tight after washing either. I don't remember my skin always being oily. I just turned 15, and back then I didn't really pay attention to my skin. Do you think I would find out my skin type if I stop using products?

13 hours ago, oyinkan98 said:

Probably wash your face and touch it a few hours later. (Don't apply any product) If it's oily or dry to touch, you'd know that. If some parts of your face are oily and some are dry, then combination. I don't think the products you use are making your face more oily since they are oil free and I doubt they would break you out if you stop. I love neutrogena but it is not that strong of an acne medication.

Oh okay thank you. For how long should I stop treatment to see what my real skin type is though?