Notifications
Clear all

Best laser treatment for my scars?

MemberMember
(@tompvg)

Posted : 04/26/2016 2:39 pm

Ok these scars are really getting to me so decided to get it sorted. Anyone know which laser treatment would be the best?

[Edited image out]

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 04/26/2016 3:48 pm

some rounds of microneedling ( not derma roller) and " work toward improving your skin tone !! " , although IMO your skin looks really good , stay away from laser now , it's should be your final resort .

MemberMember
(@tompvg)

Posted : 04/26/2016 4:54 pm

Thankyou for your reply, I've had dermastamp work done before but it just breaks me out in cysts which scar, is laser really that bad of a choice?

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 04/27/2016 1:26 pm

No, lasers are not that bad of a choice. Some people here are heavily biased because of a few bad reviews which are not at all representative for what can be done with lasers.

Nope.avi liked
MemberMember
(@nope-avi)

Posted : 04/27/2016 9:14 pm

On 26/04/2016 at 9:48 PM, pursuit of happyness said:

some rounds of microneedling ( not derma roller) and " work toward improving your skin tone !! " , although IMO your skin looks really good , stay away from laser now , it's should be your final resort .

While I agree dermarolling isn't the best form of microneedling (instead favouring the dermastamp) why do you exclude it entirely?

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 04/27/2016 11:59 pm

Ive had good results with vbeam and fraxel. Didnt have any of the crazy side effects you hear about.

MemberMember
(@tompvg)

Posted : 04/28/2016 8:00 am

How long would i need off work after fraxel? Would I be bright red more then two days?

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 04/28/2016 11:20 am

6 hours ago, TomPvg said:

How long would i need off work after fraxel? Would I be bright red more then two days?

Fraxel Dual is about a week and Fraxel Repair is about 2 weeks.

I wouldnt recommend fraxel unless you have a lot of scarring. It is expensive, time consuming, and somewhat risky.

MemberMember
(@tompvg)

Posted : 04/28/2016 4:15 pm

I have a booking for fraxel they have a Lynton Lumina machine any good? money is not a problem this will make me happy.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 04/28/2016 4:21 pm

I really dont know anything about that machine. Just be aware that fraxel is not a cure all. My scars noticeably shrunk and filled in but there are all still there.

I went to my Dr. to see about doing another round of Fraxels, but he didnt want to do it now because I have 2 little zits on my cheek and is worried that I might flare up. Gonna have to stay clear all summer before I can do it again.

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 04/29/2016 2:44 pm

On 4/28/2016 at 7:14 PM, Nope.avi said:

While I agree dermarolling isn't the best form of microneedling (instead favouring the dermastamp) why do you exclude it entirely

i think " vertical needling" is better than " horizontal needling" and more controllable , you can go over each scar individually achieving better break for scar tissue rather than going over entire area ,although this is good but you miss the main goal .
Derma roller is hard to control " need more pressure to penetrate skin " , i think that one of the reasons that people can't get results from needling !

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 05/03/2016 5:46 am

On 29/04/2016 at 8:44 PM, pursuit of happyness said:
i think " vertical needling" is better than " horizontal needling" and more controllable , you can go over each scar individually achieving better break for scar tissue rather than going over entire area ,although this is good but you miss the main goal .
Derma roller is hard to control " need more pressure to penetrate skin " , i think that one of the reasons that people can't get results from needling !

Agree that dermastamping is the better option of the two but I think you're wrong to describe rolling as horizontal needling. Dermarolling is still about entering the skin vertically, it's just that it can cause a bit more trauma or tearing to the skin as shown in the below graphic. Yes, it enters and leaves the skin at a slight angle, but it's not horizontal - diagonal perhaps!

Horizontal needling is subcision performed by doctors or by anyone mad/brave enough to try it on themselves.

Capture.PNG

MemberMember
(@michiganmom)

Posted : 05/03/2016 9:09 pm

Dermapen gave me a bad cystic flare. The only thing i will ever do again is lasers... everything else has added harm. It is time consuming. You will need multiple treatments more than likely. Patience is key w lasers, and sometimes low and slow. Find a good, compassionate doc who is concerned about you.

QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 05/03/2016 9:53 pm

Don't use lasers. Buy a derminator and use it for a year.

Paul B liked