Notifications
Clear all

Accutane hair loss update

MemberMember
(@meg117)

Posted : 04/26/2016 9:17 am

Hello all, I would like to give an update as well as look for some answers. Back in September 2015 I took Accutane for a few days before my long hair started falling out (stopped it right away). Here's the link to my other post http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/353098-crazy-hair-loss-after-5-days-on-accutane-help-me/ . The past seven months have been hell, I've contemplated suicide many times. Scalp, eyebrows and eyelashes were falling out from such a short time on that poison. Anyways, I went from a place of losing upwards 70 hairs a day to slowly shifting to 30 by December to an average of 10 long hairs per day (currently). I am happy about this, though I am still losing more than usual I feel like the end of this is near. However, the hair that is regrowing is thin and is also falling out. I was wondering if anyone had any idea as to why this is happening? The last time I had TE (anorexia nervosa) my hair grew back straight away as healthy (normal diameter) hair that didn't fall out. I am losing about 10-15 of these short hairs that are about 1-1.5 inches in length. Could this be the growth cycle correcting itself and a healthy terminal hair is to replace it, or am I starting to have miniaturization/ AGA? Kind of terrified, has this occurred to anyone else? Thoughts? Help? Answers? Thanks guys.

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 05/03/2016 12:54 am

Meg117- Did you have any hormonal testing? Thyroid etc..... Even with previous suffering of Anorexia which can cause issues, is that resolved completely? Have you had iron or b12 or biotin checked? How is your diet? What have you tried to help the hair loss...it would help others!

Jen/ oli girl