Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Hello people, so i bought a glycolic acid 30%, a dermastamp of 0,5 and a vitamin c cream. i want to aplly the glycolic acid, then when i recover i want to do skin needling and apply the vitamin c cream when im done, every day i will moistoirize with a cream that has spf. is this a good regime? I did other tratments in the past, this is my 2 thread on this forum, but im keeping it short otherwise no one will read. My scars are like this, but not so bad...but i have more on the temples than this guy has. Any advice is good, thanks.

 

boxcar-acne-scars.jpg

YGGblbD.jpg.3df8fff6d9c84c26f37bd2e961e1c1ff.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Depends on how long your "recovery" period from the glycolic acid lasts. I would wait at least a week. But, to be honest, i don't think a 0.5 mm dermaroller is going to do much for your scars, or any scars for that matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You have boxcar type scars, and unfortunately glycolic isn't going to help them improve, since that only helps superficial, ie epidermal skin issues.

Look into fractional Co2 laser or if you're short on cash, micro/dermaneedling - keep with the vitamin C serum, that's just good skincare practice, as is the sunscreen. To a lesser extent glycolic is too - just don't go nuts with it.

7 hours ago, arte90 said:

Depends on how long your "recovery" period from the glycolic acid lasts. I would wait at least a week. But, to be honest, i don't think a 0.5 mm dermaroller is going to do much for your scars, or any scars for that matter.


please don't chat shit. Edited by Nope.avi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Nope.avi said:

You have boxcar type scars, and unfortunately glycolic isn't going to help them improve, since that only helps superficial, ie epidermal skin issues.

Look into fractional Co2 laser or if you're short on cash, micro/dermaneedling - keep with the vitamin C serum, that's just good skincare practice, as is the sunscreen. To a lesser extent glycolic is too - just don't go nuts with it.


please don't chat shit.

Excuse me? Please point out which part of what i am saying is "shit". This is not helping anyone. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey people chill hehehe, thanks for the replies, so glycolic won't even work on forehead? i will buy a tca peel when my glycolic acid is finished, thats the idea, but i never had a peel so i can't start with a tca peel, i know that tca peels can help me on my scars, i was thinking at least that glycolic acid could help me on the forehead, and skin texture overall, and im not into lasers cause i had one in the past and did nothing,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i will do it at home, a friend of mine knows how to do them and will teach me, but this glycolic acid peel 30% i bought will help with the forehead scars right? i plan to do it next week,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Deyes said:

glycolic acid peel 30% i bought will help with the forehead scars right?

The glycolic acid peel 30% should help the scars in your forehead but you might need to do a few before you see significant improvement.:smileys_n_people_0:
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×