Notifications
Clear all

Is my skin regime good?

MemberMember
(@deyes)

Posted : 04/25/2016 11:25 am

Hello people, so i bought a glycolic acid 30%, a dermastamp of 0,5 and a vitamin c cream. i want to aplly the glycolic acid, then when i recover i want to do skin needling and apply the vitamin c cream when im done, every day i will moistoirize with a cream that has spf. is this a good regime? I did other tratments in the past, this is my 2 thread on this forum, but im keeping it short otherwise no one will read. My scars are like this, but not so bad...but i have more on the temples than this guy has. Any advice is good, thanks.

boxcar-acne-scars.jpg

YGGblbD.jpg.3df8fff6d9c84c26f37bd2e961e1c1ff.jpg

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 04/27/2016 1:35 pm

Depends on how long your "recovery" period from the glycolic acid lasts. I would wait at least a week. But, to be honest, i don't think a 0.5 mm dermaroller is going to do much for your scars, or any scars for that matter.

MemberMember
(@nope-avi)

Posted : 04/27/2016 9:10 pm

You have boxcar type scars, and unfortunately glycolic isn't going to help them improve, since that only helps superficial, ie epidermal skin issues.

Look into fractional Co2 laser or if you're short on cash, micro/dermaneedling - keep with the vitamin C serum, that's just good skincare practice, as is the sunscreen. To a lesser extent glycolic is too - just don't go nuts with it.

7 hours ago, arte90 said:

Depends on how long your "recovery" period from the glycolic acid lasts. I would wait at least a week. But, to be honest, i don't think a 0.5 mm dermaroller is going to do much for your scars, or any scars for that matter.

please don't chat shit.

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 04/28/2016 1:17 pm

16 hours ago, Nope.avi said:

You have boxcar type scars, and unfortunately glycolic isn't going to help them improve, since that only helps superficial, ie epidermal skin issues.

Look into fractional Co2 laser or if you're short on cash, micro/dermaneedling - keep with the vitamin C serum, that's just good skincare practice, as is the sunscreen. To a lesser extent glycolic is too - just don't go nuts with it.

please don't chat shit.

Excuse me? Please point out which part of what i am saying is "shit". This is not helping anyone.

MemberMember
(@deyes)

Posted : 04/28/2016 7:48 pm

Hey people chill hehehe, thanks for the replies, so glycolic won't even work on forehead? i will buy a tca peel when my glycolic acid is finished, thats the idea, but i never had a peel so i can't start with a tca peel, i know that tca peels can help me on my scars, i was thinking at least that glycolic acid could help me on the forehead, and skin texture overall, and im not into lasers cause i had one in the past and did nothing,

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 04/28/2016 8:47 pm

I think a TCA peel will do, see a dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@deyes)

Posted : 04/29/2016 2:57 pm

i will do it at home, a friend of mine knows how to do them and will teach me, but this glycolic acid peel 30% i bought will help with the forehead scars right? i plan to do it next week,

MemberMember
(@johnnywitt19bakercharters-org)

Posted : 04/29/2016 4:01 pm

1 hour ago, Deyes said:

glycolic acid peel 30% i bought will help with the forehead scars right?

The glycolic acid peel 30% should help the scars in your forehead but you might need to do a few before you see significant improvement.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 04/29/2016 6:16 pm

What laser did you get and what were the settings? Lasers certainty dont "do nothing".

MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 04/29/2016 7:13 pm

These scars require visit to a dermatologist willing to do TCACROSS and/or Fraxel laser.
Best!

Vise