Notifications
Clear all

Finishing accutane

MemberMember
(@gman2)

Posted : 04/24/2016 9:49 pm

Finishing accutane in a week, just wondering when side effects should disappear.

A. Lips
B. Dry skin
C. Facial redness (flushing)
D. Post acne Red marks (thankfully no deep scars)
E. Slight back aches
F. Hair (Since starting tane my hair has become dry and coarse and a little curly and it is very annoying I have no idea how to style it or anything ugh this has been my least favorite side effect... Idk if anyone's experienced similar effects but hoping it will return to the way it was before)

MemberMember
(@soundschedule)

Posted : 04/25/2016 4:50 pm

Hey gman2!!

Glad to see you finished because Accutane can be quite a endeavor!I am 2 weeks post-Accutane.

A.My dry lips have diminished pretty much completely. (Some days I do not even need to use chapstick! Imagine that! I know!!)

B. I still continue to moisturize (CeraVe night cream all the way) but I know that my skin is not as dry AT ALL.

C.Flushing diminished but not perfect yet.

D. Red marks gradually fade! This has been the hardest part for. They are v...e...r....y gradually fading.

E. My aches have really gone away.

F. I've never dealt with hair thinning.

Hope this helps! Message me with questions if you have any!

MemberMember
(@gman2)

Posted : 04/25/2016 5:08 pm

17 minutes ago, Soundschedule said:

Hey gman2!!

Glad to see you finished because Accutane can be quite a endeavor!I am 2 weeks post-Accutane.

A.My dry lips have diminished pretty much completely. (Some days I do not even need to use chapstick! Imagine that! I know!!)

B. I still continue to moisturize (CeraVe night cream all the way) but I know that my skin is not as dry AT ALL.

C.Flushing diminished but not perfect yet.

D. Red marks gradually fade! This has been the hardest part for. They are v...e...r....y gradually fading.

E. My aches have really gone away.

F. I've never dealt with hair thinning.

Hope this helps! Message me with questions if you have any!

thank you so much with the help! Hope your post tane journey continues to go smoothly.