Notifications
Clear all

Tiny bumps all over cheeks and face

MemberMember
(@mxria2015)

Posted : 04/24/2016 11:19 am

Basically,
l have been suffering from acne since highschool and the doctor put me on Duac (containing benzoyl peroxide). It successfully cleared up my skin and I stopped using it. When I went onto college, my spots came back and I experimented with adapalene/differin however I did not use it religiously. During the end of my first year at college, I decided to visit the doctor because I was beginning to feel quite self conscious about my spots. She put me on these antibiotics (can't remember the name :( ) and they gave me gas for some reason. My tummy started to make really bad churning noises so I stopped using them. However the noises did not stop. Developed really bad anxiety over it, used to skip classes just to avoid the situation of people hearing these embarrassing noises:/ 
after a couple of months, my spots went away on their own however the scars remained. I wasn't particularly bothered about that though. This year I decided to buy a new foundation (Est©e Lauder double wear) and two weeks into using it, I broke out. Pimples everywhere and skin coloured bumps. (These skin coloured bumps produce soft, hard or stringy substance.) So I stopped using the foundation and decided to take better care of my skin (deep cleansing everyday etc.) I made a phone call appointment with my doctor who put me on adapalene and lymocycline. The adapalene has sort of helped however the lymocycline made my stomach churning noises much worse so I stopped using them. (Kinda scared that I've developed antibiotic resistance since I didn't finish the course of prescription)
i decided to go back to the doctors and she examined my face, back and chest. She noticed that I have many skin coloured bumps near my cheeks, chin, side of my face   forehead. She's diagnosed this as folliculitis (do you guys think it sounds the correct diagnosis?) and prescribed me fluxocacillin. I have to take these antibiotics four times a day for a week and have been told the bumps will go away completely after week (sounds too good to be true). Idk why I made this post but I'm just worried that I'm gonna have these bumps on my face forever :( I feel like everyone's staring at them whenever I go out and I swear sometimes, that has actually been the case. My own thoughts for why I have these ugly bumps on face is: clogged pores (however I use sacricylic acid), oily skin (causing pimples and excess sebum) and bad gut flora (due to using antibiotics which kill good bacteria. Sorry for the really long post, I only registered solely to for this so I'd appreciate any advice or thoughts on what you guys think, thank you
MemberMember
(@beautyqq)

Posted : 05/02/2016 8:35 am

Hi , you are not alone. I'm facing the same problem with u.. I have tiny bump all over my face especially cheek area. Once I have this bump later it will transform become cystic acne soon. I'm try all methods from very high end product and visit dermatologist, no one is works.
I am recently try dermalogica facial and apply adaphale gel 1% for 2 months. Cystic acne is calm down but tiny bump is still remain. I heard that benzoyl peroxide works for clogged pore. I am started to use it and wait for the result.

Hope we can fight the acne. Cheers!

MemberMember
(@mxria2015)

Posted : 05/03/2016 11:47 am

Thank you for the reply :) has adapalene worked for you? And I've just been prescribed Duac which has benzoyl peroxide in it. I'm also waiting for results. Please let me know how it goes!

MemberMember
(@beautyqq)

Posted : 05/04/2016 6:17 am

I am suffer from tiny bump and its resist to go away and end up its inflamed and become acne. Adaphale did works on cystic acne but still a lot of clogged pore all over my face. I'm start to use benzoyl peroxide as well on morning and it's was in day 3 now. I just use on some part first as I'm afraid it will burn my face. So far not see any result yet.

MemberMember
(@mxria2015)

Posted : 05/15/2016 9:58 am

Clogged pores is exactly what I have too. I suggest you use the steaming method:) it would open up your pores and then you can use your fave mask. How is is your skin like now? It's been about two weeks into using Duac for me and so far, it's helped get rid of cystic acne however the closed comedones/bumps are still there :( started to use rose water as a toner so I'm going to see how that goes.. Also using cetaphil as a gentle skin cleanser.

MemberMember
(@beautyqq)

Posted : 05/16/2016 10:32 am

On 15 May 2016 at 10:58 PM, Mxria2015 said:

Clogged pores is exactly what I have too. I suggest you use the steaming method:) it would open up your pores and then you can use your fave mask. How is is your skin like now? It's been about two weeks into using Duac for me and so far, it's helped get rid of cystic acne however the closed comedones/bumps are still there :( started to use rose water as a toner so I'm going to see how that goes.. Also using cetaphil as a gentle skin cleanser.

ya. I still struggle from closed comedones. However, I know it was a long journey for this kind of acne but I felt benzoyl peroxide really did works for those tiny bump. But it's really need long long period. 
Agree with your steaming method but I'm kind of lazy for it ;P I'm usually do clay mask. I'm trying dermalogica clay cleanser right now.. Hope we can get rid of this problem as soon as possible   :)

MemberMember
(@mxria2015)

Posted : 05/16/2016 12:55 pm

Do you think so? Hopefully it works for both of us! I remember using benzoyl peroxide when I was in high school and it did clear up all of my spots. And same, I'm too lazy. I use a clearisil mask instead. Let me know if your skin improves :)

MemberMember
(@beautyqq)

Posted : 05/18/2016 1:46 am

On 16 May 2016 at 1:55 AM, Mxria2015 said:

Do you think so? Hopefully it works for both of us! I remember using benzoyl peroxide when I was in high school and it did clear up all of my spots. And same, I'm too lazy. I use a clearisil mask instead. Let me know if your skin improves :)

Yaya. Try use benzoyl peroxide . It's really started saw the effect. Although the scar still there, but when i touch my face when washing my face, I can feel those bump lesser. Wanna see my skin condition? Don feel to upload here, but I can email u if u want :), then we can compare whether we are having the same type of acne :)

MemberMember
(@mxria2015)

Posted : 05/30/2016 4:49 pm

It's exactly a month now and my skin looks worse :( I keep getting new breakouts (mostly little pimples and the odd cyst or whatever it's called). Ive decided to carry on with the cream for another month or two to see if it improves. My doctor has also decided to refer me to a dermatologist but has said it may take a couple of weeks for me to actually be given an appointment to go see him or her :( and yes that sounds helpful 

MemberMember
(@beautyqq)

Posted : 06/02/2016 7:25 am

I went for a local dermatologist few days ago and he did glycolic acid on me.. All my pimple dried up and start improve day by day:) maybe you can have a try

MemberMember
(@manijak)

Posted : 06/02/2016 7:37 am

I have suffered from folliculitis (and still do occasionally) from personal experience these are the hardest to remove with topical treatments but they are very easy to squeeze out and didn't leave scars on my face as they were so small and not bacterial infections. What worked for me was birth control, but I stopped because I had a blood clot and suffered from nausea during the night. Then I was put on topical isotretinoin which totally obliterated these closed comedones. I maintain this by using Obagi products which are quite rough on the skin and the closest you can get to OTC prescription strength products. They contain higher %'s of AHA/BHA's and SA. But the combination of the two has totally smoothed the texture of my skin out. I also recommend using mineral make up instead of liquid foundation because there's a lot less chance of your pores becoming clogged and the number of ingredients used are drastically reduced, therefore less of a chance of any irritation or provocation of a breakout :)

MemberMember
(@alex20978)

Posted : 06/05/2016 3:08 pm

I used to use Estee Lauder double wear and my skin did the EXACT SAME thing... Hundreds of tiny bumps all over my cheeks and jawline!
has anything worked to clear it up?

MemberMember
(@beautyqq)

Posted : 06/07/2016 10:29 am

On 6 June 2016 at 4:08 AM, alex20978 said:

I used to use Estee Lauder double wear and my skin did the EXACT SAME thing... Hundreds of tiny bumps all over my cheeks and jawline!

maybe it's clog your pore. Stop using it and visit dermatologist

MemberMember
(@mxria2015)

Posted : 06/07/2016 10:39 am

On 2 June 2016 at 1:25 PM, BeautyQQ said:

I went for a local dermatologist few days ago and he did glycolic acid on me.. All my pimple dried up and start improve day by day:) maybe you can have a try 

You're lucky to have access to a dermatologist. I have to wait weeks to see one :( I don't think I'll get the chance. I called the doctors yet again and they've just  prescribed me more antibiotics sigh. I think they're called doxycyline. (Does anyone know if it's any good?)

On 5 June 2016 at 9:08 PM, alex20978 said:

I used to use Est©e Lauder double wear and my skin did the EXACT SAME thing... Hundreds of tiny bumps all over my cheeks and jawline!

Omg yes this is how my skin is right now. It's so so bad, I have really noticeable big ones too and it's affecting my self confidence :(( used to have such nice skin. Nothing's worked so far, literally nothing :( 

MemberMember
(@mxria2015)

Posted : 06/26/2016 6:16 am

Just anupdate on my skin so far. I've decided to stop using Duac because it is not helping at all. I've looked into differin/adapalene and have decided I'm going to start using this for a couple of months and see how it goes. Yesterday was the first time in ages by which I applied this cream. Already it has brought whiteheads to the surface which I think is a good sign. Might be part of the purging process which usually lasts for a week.

A cream alongside this that I've found to be particularly useful is SUDOCREM. When I put a concentrated amount of this cream on pimples/cysts/whiteheads that are right near to the surface and are ready to be popped, sucocrem seems to the job for me. Instead of me pinching and possibly scarring as well as infecting the skin around the spots, sucocrem gently drains outs the pus. All I need to do is wait for a couple of hours or so and then carefully wipe it away. If you have oily skin with clogged pores, I do not recommend you to slather your face in this cream overnight as you can wake up with pimples everywhere. But definitely try this technique of draining out spots!

MemberMember
(@beautyqq)

Posted : 06/27/2016 1:52 am

I have try salicylic acid peel last week. My pimple and clogged pore improved a lot. You can have a try

MemberMember
(@mxria2015)

Posted : 07/09/2016 9:18 am

It's been a couple of weeks now and I can safely say my skin has dramatically improved. I think it has improved due to the following things:
- I have used makeup less heavily on my face. And when I do use makeup, I make sure there is absolutely no residue or makeup left on my face. I do this by using jojoba oil as a makeup remover.
- I have taken a break from using Duac and any other antibiotics and topical creams. My skin has calmed down and I have started to use Duac again. Although this has not contributed to fighting break outs, it helps to calm down any existing spots. For example, I had two big and painful spots on the side of my right cheek. When I applied this cream, they calmed down and flattened in a matter of days.
- I have implemented a regular skin care routine which consists of:
Using an exfoliating cream and exfoliating gloves to get rid of any dead skin cells
Using dermol in the shower to get rid of any bacteria on my face and body
Using diprobase to moisturise my skin as Duac can make you get dry skin
Using rose water as a toner
Using Duac in the evening rather than the night (this is because at night, the cream can easily get wiped onto pillows as you move around while sleeping, reducing its effectiveness)
And using sucocrem on any pimples that are ready to be popped.

What I have noticed is that no new pimples form if I don't touch my face and aggravate the skin. I have a new pimple one my cheek which I know, has formed because I aggravated this area of my face yesterday by trying to get rid of blackheads.
I'm so happy because my closed comedones (skin coloured bumps) have gone, my jawline used to be covered in them and now they are smooth.
I know some of you may find this silly but for me personally, praying has also helped my skin to greatly improve like this.
I hope this post helps!
Best wishes

MemberMember
(@beautyqq)

Posted : 07/09/2016 10:46 am

1 hour ago, Mxria2015 said:

It's been a couple of weeks now and I can safely say my skin has dramatically improved. I think it has improved due to the following things:
- I have used makeup less heavily on my face. And when I do use makeup, I make sure there is absolutely no residue or makeup left on my face. I do this by using jojoba oil as a makeup remover.
- I have taken a break from using Duac and any other antibiotics and topical creams. My skin has calmed down and I have started to use Duac again. Although this has not contributed to fighting break outs, it helps to calm down any existing spots. For example, I had two big and painful spots on the side of my right cheek. When I applied this cream, they calmed down and flattened in a matter of days.
- I have implemented a regular skin care routine which consists of:
Using an exfoliating cream and exfoliating gloves to get rid of any dead skin cells
Using dermol in the shower to get rid of any bacteria on my face and body
Using diprobase to moisturise my skin as Duac can make you get dry skin
Using rose water as a toner
Using Duac in the evening rather than the night (this is because at night, the cream can easily get wiped onto pillows as you move around while sleeping, reducing its effectiveness)
And using sucocrem on any pimples that are ready to be popped.

What I have noticed is that no new pimples form if I don't touch my face and aggravate the skin. I have a new pimple one my cheek which I know, has formed because I aggravated this area of my face yesterday by trying to get rid of blackheads.
I'm so happy because my closed comedones (skin coloured bumps) have gone, my jawline used to be covered in them and now they are smooth.
I know some of you may find this silly but for me personally, praying has also helped my skin to greatly improve like this.
I hope this post helps!
Best wishes

happy to hear that. My tiny bump also gone but I'm dealing with cystic acne now .. Too bad

MemberMember
(@mxria2015)

Posted : 07/09/2016 11:45 am

What treatment are you using?

MemberMember
(@beautyqq)

Posted : 07/10/2016 2:53 am

15 hours ago, Mxria2015 said:

I'm now using benzoly peroxide at morning, night adepelane gel. I also taking probiotic and vitamin A prescribed by dermatologic. I have been on medication for one month. Hope to have good result as doc said its take 3 month to see the result .

MemberMember
(@mxria2015)

Posted : 07/10/2016 6:55 am

4 hours ago, BeautyQQ said:
19 hours ago, Mxria2015 said:

I'm now using benzoly peroxide at morning, night adepelane gel. I also taking probiotic and vitamin A prescribed by dermatologic. I have been on medication for one month. Hope to have good result as doc said its take 3 month to see the result .

What are the probiotics for? And using benzoyl peroxide and adapalene together might be tough on your skin. Make sure to moisturise it

MemberMember
(@beautyqq)

Posted : 07/10/2016 9:47 am

Probiotic is for build good bacteria in your body to fight with bad bacteria that cause acne. 
Thanks for your advice :)

MemberMember
(@mxria2015)

Posted : 09/18/2016 5:54 am

Just an update on my skin:
it got really bad and I had dark brown marks everywhere, a few cysts and a few pimples. But NOW?
my skin is so smooth! Hopefully it'll stay that way :'(
my skin care routine:
Morning-

• steam face to open up pores
  • Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Charcoal Facial Scrub (4.59) reviewed 117 TIMESwith overall 5 STARS
  • Garnier Pure Active 3in1 Wash, Scrub, Mask (5.99) (was way cheaper when I bought it a few years ago but the price has increased due to many people purchasing it) (contains salicylicacid and very good for oily skin)
  • Pure lemon juice on oiliest parts of my face as it combats and reduces greasiness
  • ice smothered all over face to close up pores before makeup is applied

evening-

• trimethroprim antibiotics taken twice a day

night-

• adapalene/differin all over face
  • pure lemon juice on nose which is the oiliest part of my face

also:
after using makeup:

• makeup wipes to get rid of majority of foundation etc on face
  • squirt of himalaya herbals purifying neem foaming face wash on makeup wipe to get rid of remaining makeup and residue
  • Lastly, Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Charcoal Facial Scrub to give face a complete cleanse

i will post before and after pics of my face soon! Xx