Notifications
Clear all

Retin-A Micro post accutane effectiveness?

MemberMember
(@samiam22)

Posted : 04/23/2016 2:25 pm

Hey all,

Finished my 240 mg/kg accutane course around 45 days ago and have been applying Retin-A Micro .05% about once ever 3 or 4 nights, planning to get up to every other night once my skin gets more used to it.

So far the effects are awesome! No active acne really and my red marks are even starting to fade a little bit. Who else out there has done Retin-A after accutane, and in your experience, did it pretty much keep the acne at bay for good? I really want this to be a permanent solution for maintenance and I'm wondering if anyone has relapsed after accutane even with the Retin-A.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@acnehardcase)

Posted : 04/23/2016 7:36 pm

Yes, with exception of your very high dosage you and I are almost identical. I did get some minor relapse but 7.5 % benzoyl peroxide wash and .5 % Tretinoin a couple times a week did the trick. I rarely get pimples and they're mild.

samiam22 liked
MemberMember
(@samiam22)

Posted : 04/23/2016 8:35 pm

57 minutes ago, acnehardcase said:

Yes, with exception of your very high dosage you and I are almost identical. I did get some minor relapse but 7.5 % benzoyl peroxide wash and .5 % Tretinoin a couple times a week did the trick. I rarely get pimples and they're mild.

Awesome, hopefully this is a long term answer. I'm not sure why everybody doesn't use Retin-A afterwards. Works in the same way as accutane by increasing cell turnover rate, so it'll keep pores clean and you really shouldn't purge at all because your pores should be clean from the tane.