Notifications
Clear all

Finacea clogged pores

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 04/23/2016 9:48 am

Hi there! I recently started using Finacea and about two weeks in, im noticing I have wayyy more clogged pores in the area im using ir (chin). They are in spots I normally dont get them. Would this be a "purging" or is the medicine just clogging my pores? I normally get cystic acne and now my whole chin is covered in these blackhead types that dont extract. Thank youuu

MemberMember
(@hopingforamiracle)

Posted : 04/23/2016 4:07 pm

Hi, I tried Finacea for a couple of weeks but I had a very bad reaction and decided to stop. It made my face really red, itchy, scaling and it felt like it was on fire. I also broke out in large inflamed pimples and yes, I had more visible clogged pores too!

It could be purging as I understand the way it works is to shed the skin; therefore it could be making clogged pores appear closer to the surface. I would give it a month to six weeks unless you're experiencing irritation or break outs.

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 04/24/2016 8:42 am

Thanks, i hate waiting 

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 04/24/2016 8:51 am

Been using azelaic acid (the active ingredient in finecea) since Mid December, and I did have the same effect as you. Azelaic acid helps to unclog pores, what you're noticing are pores that were already present under your skin simply purging to the top. The Azelaic acid purge isn't too bad though 😛

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 04/24/2016 11:44 pm

Just now, Chloe123 said:
Have you noticed a reduction in redness too? My derm wants me on finecea for my rosacea and hyperpigmintation, but im not sure. Has it helped your marks at all?

Can't say for sure, as I also use tretinoin and kojic acid which both lighten dark spots as well. My derm told me that azelaic acid slighly helps, although not as good as tretinoin/kojic acid.

I don't really get that red so I don't know if it has reduced redness. Considering finacea is a rosacea treatment as well, it would make sense that it would reduce redness.

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 04/25/2016 8:59 am

It helps with marks but in the process clogs everywhere else around it? Like i said im getting it in places where I dont get acne. Is that still purging?

MemberMember
(@jenjen77)

Posted : 12/07/2016 10:33 am

I was just given Finacea as well. I'm terrified that it might make my skin worse as I'm finally clearing up.

Can it clog pores?!