Notifications
Clear all

Acne sanctuary

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 04/22/2016 11:56 pm

For the last 5 years I've been constantly struggling with bad acne. i've felt hopeless, fearful, ugly, unlovable. Lately i've been fantasizing about a place i could wake up every morning and feel accepted by my self and those around me. I know its a pipe dream. but what if there was a place were people could come to vacation or to receive therapy or go through accutane treatment or any type of skin treatment around other people who are going through the exact same thing. a place of tolerance, love and acceptance. A place where people could work, live, vacation, or seek therapy ( physical and mental) the goal is not only to clear or manage acne but to learn to love yourself the way you are regardless. It can be hard when i feel so alone in these feelings. These blogs are the only place where i hear from people who are going though things can relate too. Its a total fantasy but i hope that maybe one day i could be part of something like this. Let me know if your with me! or how you feel about it. after years and years of failed treatments this fantasy really gives me hope and joy.

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 04/23/2016 6:57 am

I've had similar fantasies in the past as well.

I remember way back, in 2005, I had this idea that my ideal scenario would be to get on Roaccutane and then take 6 months off work whilst I dealt with all the side effects. Ideally, I'd have travelled round the country and just avoided everyone I know whilst my face peeled and eyes dried up. Obviously, without winning the lottery it was impossible, but it helped to pass the time.