Notifications
Clear all

What type of acne is this?

MemberMember
(@happyandhopeful)

Posted : 04/21/2016 11:59 pm

Hey guys,

I am in dire need to know what type of acne this is. Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone have treatment suggestions?

Recently I've been having this type of acne flare up on my chin and around my mouth. It's been happening for about 6 months now. I have only had very mild acne so to me, this is a big deal. The acne looks like flesh-colored bumps, and they will eventually come to a head. It could take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks for this to happen. Once they reach a head, they go away a few days after. Just when I think it's cleared, I get another flare up. 

Currently I am using birth control (have been for years and I don't think it's the culprit) and benzoyl peroxide (2.5%... Don't think it's helping much).

Any thoughts?image.jpgimage.jpg

MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 04/22/2016 11:30 am

comedonal acnemaybe

MemberMember
(@happyandhopeful)

Posted : 04/22/2016 12:35 pm

1 hour ago, honeyhon said:

comedonal acnemaybe

Honeyhon, do you know any way to treat comedonal acne? That means acne that is caused by clogged pores, right?

MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 04/23/2016 9:18 am

yes dat means your pores are clogged you can try honey it will bring the gunk to the surface... also tomatoes....uh will surely break out a bit after using tomato but remember its just bringing the gunk out from ur pores and it also has a tightening effect on pores... uh may also use aloe vera....
uh can also use neem which did wonders to my skin when i applied it as a toner... uh can make a homemade toner using neem
[removed]

i blv in home remedies.... bcz they are safe... i know it takes quite  time to see the results but still they are safer....

also if you wear makeup make sure you take off all your makeup b4 sleeping.... use non comedogenic products...
 also use a water based moisturizer....
nd plz dont mind my english..its not my frst language...
all the best :)
hope you get clear soon 

MemberMember
(@sendmeangels)

Posted : 04/23/2016 9:25 am

I like Retin-A-Micro for that type of acne. There are different strengths and they were pretty easy on my skin. I have/had pretty severe acne, so I use Accutane now, but for mild acne, I'd shoot for a Retinoid.

Just keep in mind that some medications take about 4 weeks for you to start noticing a difference. And sometimes things get worse before they get better. But I'd see a dermatologist and nip it now.

MemberMember
(@happyandhopeful)

Posted : 05/06/2016 8:55 am

So it's been a couple weeks, and my skin has just been getting more and more acne like this... Has anyone else had this type of acne or have any suggestions as to how I could get it to go away?!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/07/2016 5:55 am

See a derm. You've been given some great suggestions. I second the retin a . Stay away from antibiotics. On the flip side, you can try a three month diet devoid of dairy and gluten and inclusive of lots of veggies and low glycemic fruits. I am not a fan of home remedies as I personally find them a waste of time and energy but you may want to start least invasive and give them a shot. Stick to one thing for at least three months.

MemberMember
(@beautyqq)

Posted : 05/07/2016 9:23 am

On 6 May 2016 at 9:55 PM, HappyAndHopeful said:

So it's been a couple weeks, and my skin has just been getting more and more acne like this... Has anyone else had this type of acne or have any suggestions as to how I could get it to go away?!

It is close comedone acne. I am suffer from this as well. It will spread whole face and inflamed become acne once its attrack by bacteria 🙁 I'm trying benzoyl peroxide now for just 1 weeks. Hope it's help

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 05/07/2016 10:29 am

Benzoyl peroxide will not do much for this.

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/07/2016 3:21 pm

On 6/5/2016 at 3:55 PM, HappyAndHopeful said:

I would highly recommend Clindoxyl, it is benzyl peroxide combined with Clindamycin. Very effective

Acne around the mouth is very often because of hormons - or because you are using something atm that clogs the pores. Sunscreen, lip balm, heavy makeup etc. Your skin looks a bit irritated as well.

3 things that can fix your problem quickly. Mild face wash, for instance Exuviance gentle cleanser, Clindoxyl (the active product that will unclog your pores) and a good moisturizer (acne.org, cerave etc)

MemberMember
(@happyandhopeful)

Posted : 05/13/2016 9:32 pm

So I'm wearing a little bit of makeup, but my acne seems to have gotten a lot worse... My skin is itchy and burns a little, honestly. Does it look like hormonal acne? I'm going to schedule an appointment with a Derm, but has anyone else dealt with this type of acne or know what to do? It's really hard for me to be social or to want to do things with my face like this. I just want clear skin 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@buzzlightyear)

Posted : 05/14/2016 4:03 am

this is hormonal acne.

your skin looks a bit dry too.

not sure how for a girl, but as a guy, zinc b5 saw palmetto moisturizer sls free face soap did the trick for me.

i no longer take zinc and sawpalmetto, only on a need basis, but b5 is causing me lots of problems even though it is the one which cured me.

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/14/2016 4:52 am

7 hours ago, HappyAndHopeful said:

So I'm wearing a little bit of makeup, but my acne seems to have gotten a lot worse... My skin is itchy and burns a little, honestly. Does it look like hormonal acne? I'm going to schedule an appointment with a Derm, but has anyone else dealt with this type of acne or know what to do? It's really hard for me to be social or to want to do things with my face like this. I just want clear skin 

It is fine you are uploading pics but no one here knows your skincare routine.

If you want help, then you need to respond to the comments here or else it will be difficult to help at all.

MemberMember
(@lilianf)

Posted : 05/14/2016 8:37 pm

A long time ago I used to have this type of acne too, I don't know how it's named, but I've used tetralysal and worked.