Notifications
Clear all

Anyone excited about the idea and development surrounding 3d printing skin? Could this be the answer we're looking for?

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 04/19/2016 1:20 pm

I'm not saying whether it will, or whether it won't.

I'm merely keen to find out what other people think about the idea of 3d printing skin.Or if anyone has any inside info, or just heard any positive vibes about it?

Here's one link from 2015 > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/beauty/skin/loreal-3d-prints-skin-for-product-testing/

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 05/04/2016 5:22 pm

No thoughts on this anyone?

MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 05/04/2016 5:40 pm

First off the "3D printing" phrase is just a clickbait/magnety catchy name as of now so anything with it in its name will always sound great...  which not only makes me doubt the process itself but also who's behind it.

What I think makes more sense in our time will be(permanent results wise) improvements on fat grafting/transfer techniques as well as improved filler materials. This of course to correct indents. We are far from a reasonably good alternative for texture enhancement.

I think it's sad and hope I'm wrong, but come on, we have to be a little critic when it comes to this BS...

PCT14 liked
MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 05/10/2016 11:55 am

Yeah - I totally agree with what you've just said. That was my thoughts exactly. A small part of me hoped someone out there had maybe heard some magical update about this being the cure.

MemberMember
(@sadnesssss)

Posted : 05/12/2016 11:38 pm

Hi guys , I truly believe 3d printed skin is the future for acne scars ( near future ) because L 'oreal ( the biggest beauty company ) started a project with Organovo 1-1.5 years ago . Check thatScreenshot_2016-04-24-13-28-57.pngScreenshot_2016-04-24-13-44-35-1.png

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 05/13/2016 8:17 am

I read somewhere that each "sheet" only lasts for about 24 hours. Looks like it will be very expensive.

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 05/13/2016 11:46 am

:D

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 05/26/2016 6:51 pm

From what I've researched on this....They don't think it will be available for at least another 5 years.

I'm not sure.....Something inside me says this could be the answer.....

It's a simple theory.....take a sample of your skin, print it, and layer it over. Easy, job done! PLEASE WORK!!! HA!

MemberMember
(@sadnesssss)

Posted : 07/11/2016 10:03 am

Latest news about 3d skin bioprint
http://www.premiumbeautynews.com/en/3d-bioprinting-of-skin-tissues,9979

MemberMember
(@sadnesssss)

Posted : 07/20/2016 3:46 am

Organovo: insane earnings in comparation with last year . Future look very good in my opinion . I truly believe the technology evolved insane in the last years and now 3d skin bioprinting is the future and will revolutionize everything in scarring industry http://www.baystreet.ca/articles/stockstowatch.aspx?id=1273 ( 19 july 2016) . Organovo +l'oreal is the best combo to develop this , and they aren't the only who work on this project .Beside them a lot of companies also work individually in this area of 3d skin printing. Let's hope , for me this is the only thing which make me happy . Let's pray and hope .

MemberMember
(@skinskinskinskinskinskinskin)

Posted : 07/20/2016 4:24 am

if this takes off, everyone will have flawless skin

noone will have to suffer

MemberMember
(@paula-b-2)

Posted : 07/20/2016 6:51 am

2 hours ago, SKINSKINSKINSKINSKINSKINSKIN said:

if this takes off, everyone will have flawless skin

noone will have to suffer

Probably in the very distant future. First, it has to be released to the public. Then, it's probably going to be extremely expensive.. and finally it might become an option for regular people. Still, it's worth being optimistic about it.

At one of my old workplaces, we had a 3D printer. It was actually super interesting to "play with it". I can see skin, organs, body parts etc. being made with a more professional printer easily. Fingers crossed for our future selves.

MemberMember
(@mjg713)

Posted : 07/20/2016 1:00 pm

Few questions about this... Is this going to be real "skin" or synthethic skin? Will it look like your own skin coloring or something generic? And how would this be applied in a scar situation? Would you have to skin graft it on? If so, wouldn't this just lead to more scarring?