Notifications
Clear all

I cannot even use water on my face without totally drying out

MemberMember
(@choover1410)

Posted : 04/18/2016 8:53 pm

I am a 15 y/o male. About a year ago, my face started becoming a bit tight after my showers. I put a light Cetaphil moisturizer on, and it was fine for the rest of the day. Today, a year later, I cannot even splash my face with water without it feeling like a desert. The tightness in my face is nothing short of unbearable. This tightness is lessened if I moisturize, but it does not fully go away until hours later. Johns Hopkins Derm Dept could not diagnose a few months ago, but nothing has gotten better. I had a round of Accutane 3 years ago, and my face was perfect in between then and last year. I have tried probably 20 moisturizers, 10 of the lightest cleansers money can buy, and still nothing. I only take 5 minute, lukewarm showers. However, if I scrub my face extraordinarily hard, I will feel amazing for about 24 hours. After this, my face begins to redden (from scrubbing) and dries again. This process has only happened 3 times. I was diagnosed with a bad vitamin D deficiency last month, related? Somebody please help. My life is being run by the tightness and flaking of my skin from only water!!

MemberMember
(@choover1410)

Posted : 04/18/2016 9:45 pm

I have been using the CeraVe body lotion as a moisturizer. It has Ceramides, and Hyaluronic Acid to attract moisture. Still no long-term improvement.