Notifications
Clear all

Life after accutane a log for me!

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 04/18/2016 11:16 am

So this log is really just for me to keep progress which i am not that good at doing.

After 2 failed courses of accutane my acne is back all be it is milder but still a pain when you have been dealing with this for 16 years!!.

So my routine is slightly changed i have added in an a product at night.

AM
Cetaphil gentle cleanser
Cetaphil lotion

PM
Cetaphil gentle cleanser
Priori perfecting gel (20mins after)
Cetaphil lotion (20minutes after)

So far i have been using it around 8 days. So it goes.

Week 1
Brought some clogs to the surface on my left side
Right side was healing

Currently in Week 2 my right side has broken out and what is worse i picked at it.

so no more picking from today!!!!! It just makes things look worse and take longer to heal

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 04/20/2016 1:51 am

I'm going to restart this as day 5 as i only started using it really all over my face at this point.

At the moment skin is doing pretty bad breaking/purging/whateveryou want to call it in my trouble areas.

Not doing so good mentally at the moment but not much i can do about that really when your emotionally drained of acne.

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 04/24/2016 1:14 pm

Day 9
Well looks like cetaphil over the gel was causing an issue with my skin reminds of any gel i tried like istroex and adding a moisturiser afterwards always made my skin really irritated . So this is the changed plan
PM
Cetaphil gentle cleanser
Priori perfecting gel (20mins after)
Priori Barrier repair complex (20minutes after)

Skin wise things seem to be improved since i changed the PM routine just going to ride it out and see what happens this week.

Food wise too much sugar and fried food still dont sit with my skin well even in very small amounts.

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 04/26/2016 2:27 am

day 11

not the best of days seem to have broke out albeit tiny little clogged pores but it its due to going to the gym.

I wash my face in the am before i go maybe i should put moisturiser on.

Trying to stay positive it could be the extra carbs i have been eating etc so will have to trial it this week and see what happens.

Not too happy today

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 05/05/2016 1:00 pm

Day 22

Been ill so skin is playing up as i have had alot more fruit than usual and for me too much sugar is never a good thing same goes for carbs - diet has been very carb heavy.

Left side breaking out in tiny clogs put some BP on them aswell .

Not the best entry again but trying to stay hopeful though certain parts of my skin are brighter.

ps i need to stop fucking picking!

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 05/19/2016 9:41 am

not sure what day it is but skins at its worst its been in a while i am back on every night applying the gel and i am going to go up to twice a day.

i think the reason why it has got bad was i didn't wash my face before the gym last Thursday and it got irritated as it still had the night product on - the following day i got some clogged pores and my diet has been off and lastly i picked the hell out of my face which just spreads spots!!

not a good week major set back this time last Wednesday face was pretty darn clear the sighs - going to take me a while to clear up to a more respectable level on my right side!

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 05/22/2016 1:39 pm

added some zinc 25mg in am and pm will see what happens to the rate of healing.

using perfecting twice a day going to go back to once a day and use the prior moisturizer in the am or cetphil cream.

i use the cream on my nose only and have done for years maybe its worth using it elsewhere my nose is the oilest part and used to be a major issue for me with clogs but seems better after the 2 rounds of accutane.

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 06/04/2016 2:03 am

Day whatever skin is at its worst its been since pre tane rounds!! Stopped the prior stuff as I was constantly getting whiteheads since being off this has stopped. Maybe I used it too much or too often.

New routine is an old one going back to epiduo as that actually cleared me up before I took tane years ago.

bp seems to respond to my skin so after trying other stuff I am going to stick with what works .

Really should have done this in April or at the start of the year which was 3 months after finishing my 2nd round.

Supplement
Zinc 50mg
Pukka cleanse tea

Pm
Epiduo on cheeks only
Then cetsphil moisture cream not lotion

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 08/07/2016 1:03 pm

been away skin wasn't bad at all really no products, stressing over it etc was respectable.

now i have been back a few weeks skins a bit of mess.

right side next to nose is a problem and always has been, left side has had some problems as well mainly due to picking.

diet wise been consuming alot of alcohol which never helps.

things to note.

certain foods or dishes mess with my skin looks like chickpeas, anything fried or using vegetable oil.

routine now is to use epiduo to clear my skin and this time stick to it and use whatever frequency keeps my skin look okay which probably won't be 7 days a week.

get more vit c into diet, stay away from nuts for a while, introduce oil olive back into my diet

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 10/08/2016 10:52 am

skin is at its worst it has been a in a long time. Right side picking has left me with alsort of imperfections and getting through the day is becoming near damn impossible.

Things i have realised:

- right side is always worst for acne, clogging etc
- picking and spots spreading has caused havoc on my right side
- epiduo is okay but BP alone with AHA maybe better for my skin type
- ale doesn't really break me out
- food is a big causer of my skin issues - i have been diary free for years going to try remove and experiment
- zinc 50mg a day going go try zma which was what i had whilst away and skin was decent

not doing well just going to have to ride it out but i have feeling thisis going be so much harder.

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 03/19/2017 1:57 pm

back to logging as shit just isn't working right.

consistency and persistence is what i am going to need to do.

routine:
am/pm - gentle cetaphil
pm- cetaphil lotion
pm - epiduo on inner left and right cheek only

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 03/19/2017 2:04 pm

6 minutes ago, fadedjay said:

back to logging as shit just isn't working right.

consistency and persistence is what i am going to need to do.

routine:
am/pm - gentle cetaphil
pm- cetaphil lotion
pm - epiduo on inner left and right cheek only

Try green smothies in the morning and maybe pictures>

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 05/29/2017 6:27 am

30 day challenge for me.

Routine:
AM/PM - Cetaphil cleanser
AM/PM cetaphil lotion
PM - epiduo where needed or 2 on 1 off

Diet:
Water 3.5 litres a day
3 Meals a day
ZMA supplement with lcartine
Exercise 20-25 minutes a day - running
Veggies with each meal, have fish everyday and olive oil, 1 or 2 pieces of a fruit a day - no gluten ,diary or added sugar

28/05/17 - Day 1:

Issue on right cheek bone not sure what from probably from picking, rest of face has some sunburn - not great but got to keep going.

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 05/29/2017 1:32 pm

Day 2

Breakfast:
3 eggs , carrots and broccoli, olive oil

Mid-morning:
wild rice, mackerel, cucumber and tomato

Snack:
banana

Evening:
chicken, broccoli, carrot and green beans with olive oil

2 cups of pukka cleanse tea
3.5litres of water
exercise 22 minutes
supplements

Skin:
Sunburn on right inner side, some scabs from picking. left side scab from popped pimple. Inflammation seems a bit less so face isn't red in areas.
Spot treated epiduo

Mood:
Okay fairly neutral at the moment not thinking about skin helps

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 06/02/2017 3:12 pm

day 6

diet changes:
2 eggs and vine tomatoes
green smoothie - kale, banana, half avocado - every morning

no pukka tea

moisturiser on cheeks now using cetaphil cream

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 09/23/2017 1:29 pm

back again going to go back to epiduo as a spot treatment seems to work well in the past.

routine same as always

am
cetaphil wash
cetaphil lotion

pm
cetaphil wasj
cetaphil lotion
epiduo on inner left check area and any where active

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 09/23/2017 1:59 pm

cetaphil moisturizer always broke me out, maybe eliminate that for a few days and see if things get better?

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 04/02/2018 11:53 am

back again logs nearly 2 years old and such a fucking shame i still post here!

ah well i think this new routine will finally help fix my skin issues albeit so i can live a little bit more of a normal life.

skin is not doing well at the moment usual sort of areas. above mustache left and right sides

supplements:
zinc and mag = 2 tabs
vit a,c,e =1 tab
1000ui vit d

so routine is now

am
cetaphil wash
cetaphil lotion

pm
cetaphil wash
pc 2% bha liquid - in problem areas only
cetaphil lotion

spot treat epiduo/contact therapy

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 04/04/2018 1:17 pm

not feeling great but whats fucking new

skin is not good - time to spot treat with epiduo and lay off exfoliating as i think skin in some areas have had way too much.

wonder if i get a miracle tomorrow and it doesnt look as bad

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 04/11/2018 12:58 am

so a few changes

skin is so so but whatever really i am stuck with this it feels !

SCT BP 2.5% morning night - 5-7mins
Vit D 1000ui
ZMA 2tabs
Vit A 1 tab

am/pm
cetaphil wash
cetaphil lotion

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 04/14/2018 11:13 am

Challenge no picking for 7 days
Less mirror time for 7 days - limit to am/pm

ZMA 2tabs
Vit A 1 tab

am/pm
cetaphil wash
cetaphil lotion
cetaphil cream above mustache
spot treat with with epiduo on nose
spot treat dermalogic breakout control elsewhere

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 04/17/2018 3:04 pm

Broke down today just couldnt cope at all! first time in many years but it felt like a good relase of trapped emotions - i felt lighter in the simplest of terms.

I have pretty much given up hope at the moment - just going to wash and moisturiser and try my hardest to reduce my focus and stress levels and see what happens.

spot treat with dermalogic emergency spot fix or epiduo - if i can be bothered

lets see what tomorrow has in stall

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 04/18/2018 1:55 pm

things are healing so progress is being made just got to stay positive and remember i have had decent skin before and can again !!

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 04/19/2018 1:51 pm

right side broke out in a mess and picked so not doing well

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 04/20/2018 1:13 pm

notes to self:

- no picking
- only touch skin in am/pm when in shower
- if whitehead let it runs its course
- problem areas are the inner checks next to nose just above moustache on each side
- apply dermalogica overnight clearing gel to non inflamed whiteheads
- BP and differin work best for my skin - need to find the best balance for epiduo a couple of times a week ideally but in the first instance every night to clear area
- time how long takes to clear area should be around 7-12 days - guessing
- dermalogica clear start emergency spot fix is useful if a pimple appears in the morning
- a min of 1 pump of moisturiser is what i need to the more the better and apply it gently to damp/wet skin
- if extra dryin an area apply cream over top as well
- a clean diet is important no fried food - wholefoods works best - need to find right balance of meat and fish
- sleep is super important and mine is shit - work getting a decent routine in place will help skin i reckon alot
- try not to stress over skin and think about it you will get clear like previous times